Proton Turn Signal Flush Mounts Installation

efforex

mrbacardi

so anyways, back to the purpose of this thread...I did get around to installing these last night with the standard flashing option. They look great. Only thing is they flash at a different rate than the rear LEDs i've got. I do have the customLED flasher relay installed. Neither blink at a 'fast' rate but it's not the same rate. The front is just slower than the rear. I don't really particularly care, but just wondering if anyone had the same issue and what they did to fix it.

Chris12

Proton's with motodynamic rear.

I just purchased a pair of proton's. I decided to pay the premium over the eBay's because I like the strobe option and the attention they will get from other motorists.

I noticed that the strobe as speed was fine without the led flasher relay installed.

I'm wondering if the sequential flash rate on the integrated turn signals on my motodynamic led rear tail will be affected. (I deleted my OEM rear signals)

Does anyone have experience with proton led turn signals and motodynamic rear integrated turn signals?

Big Ben

I installed the Proton Flush mounts (side and in the fake front inlets) and a Tiddy Tail for the rear but the tiddy tail turn signals are not LED so I ended up with irregular flashing. I tried a resistor but it got too hot and almost melted the cowl. I might need an LED flasher relay or a different resistor otherwise I need to upgrade my rear turn signals to LED so that they all flash at the same rate. It's killing my OCD. Sorry, i'm not much help.

Chris12

I installed the Proton Flush mounts (side and in the fake front inlets) and a Tiddy Tail for the rear but the tiddy tail turn signals are not LED so I ended up with irregular flashing. I tried a resistor but it got too hot and almost melted the cowl. I might need an LED flasher relay or a different resistor otherwise I need to upgrade my rear turn signals to LED so that they all flash at the same rate. It's killing my OCD. Sorry, i'm not much help.
Two sets of protons? Damn $$ :)

I read everything I could about the protons. Unfortunately it seems that no matter what if you do, they don't like syncing with other turn signals.

I read that if you get an aftermarket blinker relay it changes the speed of the fade out flash, and the strobe flash won't sync with anything.

Did you wire the resistor into the DRL leg or the turn leg? Drl=on all the time=hot