Projector Light - Forum Ad?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

RooKie

MNGreg, if you get the retrofit kit, would you please do a write up on how to install it? I know there's a tut here in the forum, but it's not very good at all. I purchased a kit from retrofit a couple weeks ago and now I don't have low-beams and a week after use some of the plastics on the inside melted. I'm guessing something I did with the wiring is incorrect :confused:

Anyways, if you manage to install correctly and could post pics of your process it would really help me a lot. Thanks!

FZwhite, I did get in touch with retrofit and they sent me replacement parts, but the new parts are giving me the same exact results. Better instructions are key IMO.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
It's really not that difficult. I have done two setups for the FZ6R and I did one when I owned my car.

Once you heat it for a few minutes, don't use a screwdriver to separate the headlight housing. It mars the plastic housing. I would suggest using a 3 inch putty knife because it's thin and will separate a wider section of glue at one time. Just work a little section at a time, reheat, and continue the process until it pulls apart.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter