PowerCommander or JuiceBox Required?

C

CravenMoorhead

Anyone know if a PowerCommander or JuiceBox is necessary when you put on an exhaust and hiflow airfilter?

I know it is required to remap the digital Fuel Injection DFI for some bikes after such mods...

F

Fred

Anyone know if a PowerCommander or JuiceBox is necessary when you put on an exhaust and hiflow airfilter?

I know it is required to remap the digital Fuel Injection DFI for some bikes after such mods...
I'm of the opinion that if you don't do a proper remapping of your EFI, then any airflow based modifications are next to useless.

But I'm in a minority.

Fred

Y

YamahaMAXdRPMs

I have a Juice Box for sale if your interested $225 shipped!

T

tuningfork

assuming the FZ6R has a similar ECU to the FZ6, then it will somewhat self-correct at low load and throttle openings (closed loop operation) for your modifications. So it will probably run "ok" when just cruising around. However that may mess up the higher-load stuff if the corrections are applied across the board (the impact of the mods is not necc. linear), so I would agree with Fred and say add a EFI computer into your budget. Maybe hold off on the auto-tune and see what you can do by feel on the street if you are on a budget. I would have killed (almost) to have such easy adjustability when I was jetting my FZR600, lots of test rides and it was 2 hours of work to make a single change to the fuel curves. You can probably get it to run nicely by yourself, then maybe do a dyno session to verify your work, some shops will give you a lot of feedback for $50.