Posted Video this morning..

MrFrzZ

Posted Video this morning.. LINK ADDED

Hey all,
I tossed up my third video this morning on wrecking, training, etc. Its a long one... So I'm sorry... But I actually cut a lot of material out of it and didn't want to weaken any points by trimming too much out. Hopefully there is some good info in there for someone. If you're not interested in the details of the wreck, skip about halfway through and thats where I start getting into training and what my focus is while riding. I appreciate all the feedback so far on these, and I hope someone is benefiting at least a little bit from my experiences.

God bless and stay safe guys and girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=850h0eymy20

Last edited:

sti491

Thank you very much for fulfilling my request so eloquently! Really well done.

The sunrise ride video was the perfect backdrop to your narrative. I texted the link to my son, and two friends that have recently had "minor" crashes. One that I whitnessed.

I may at times still ride a bit hard. However, I have not ground my pegs on this bike. Maybe I will sometime, but it's not a goal. My smallish chicken strips are a testimonial to my riding philosophy these days: I'm young at heart but not chronologically. I have had several major surgeries. I have, and have had fast bikes, cars & boats. Retired now. I maybe have 20 good years left (if I'm lucky). I don't want to spend any of them recuperating from health problems or accidents, as those years are precious to me!

That being said I have experienced a sense of what you described realizing my line or something else was off, and I was running out of corner room to make it around. Since I am not riding at 90-100%, I have always managed to extricate myself from those judgement errors with nothing more than being scared... which often slows me down. My son, our friends and I ride a lot of technical roads. I've actually been on 2 roads I won't go back on. The one I was behind my friend crashing on, and another VERY tight mountain road that seemed mostly steep downhill decending radius turns. Maybe I'll go back to that one, but downhill esses are my weak point. I'm getting better, but they can get freaky for me. Especially with a steep mountainside and trees right at the roadway edge.

I like to remind myself of my limitations, ride within them, listen to people like you with experiences I can learn from. I ride very defensively. Some days it seems like every housewife in a minivan is out to get me. School bus drivers seem to always want to hit me for some reason! But, It's a good perspective to have... I treat every "cager" like an advisary. That being said, I also try to be a good MC advocate, waving at old guys on their tractors, moving over and quieting my loud exhaust for walkers, saying hi to kids in car windows, etc.

Thanks again. Look forward to the next Vlog!

Hey all,
I tossed up my third video this morning on wrecking, training, etc. Its a long one... So I'm sorry... But I actually cut a lot of material out of it and didn't want to weaken any points by trimming too much out. Hopefully there is some good info in there for someone. If you're not interested in the details of the wreck, skip about halfway through and thats where I start getting into training and what my focus is while riding. I appreciate all the feedback so far on these, and I hope someone is benefiting at least a little bit from my experiences.

God bless and stay safe guys and girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=850h0eymy20

sti491

I suscribe to McRider video sessions on YouTube. If folks reading this find the subject interesting, check it out.

This guy is soft-spoken, maybe a tad too slow speaking, but does a great job and covers a lot of MC topics. This is a link to his latest Vlog: https://youtu.be/CsdVgvdhLp4

MrFrzZ

Thank you very much for fulfilling my request so eloquently! Really well done.

The sunrise ride video was the perfect backdrop to your narrative. I texted the link to my son, and two friends that have recently had "minor" crashes. One that I whitnessed.

I may at times still ride a bit hard. However, I have not ground my pegs on this bike. Maybe I will sometime, but it's not a goal. My smallish chicken strips are a testimonial to my riding philosophy these days: I'm young at heart but not chronologically. I have had several major surgeries. I have, and have had fast bikes, cars & boats. Retired now. I maybe have 20 good years left (if I'm lucky). I don't want to spend any of them recuperating from health problems or accidents, as those years are precious to me!

That being said I have experienced a sense of what you described realizing my line or something else was off, and I was running out of corner room to make it around. Since I am not riding at 90-100%, I have always managed to extricate myself from those judgement errors with nothing more than being scared... which often slows me down. My son, our friends and I ride a lot of technical roads. I've actually been on 2 roads I won't go back on. The one I was behind my friend crashing on, and another VERY tight mountain road that seemed mostly steep downhill decending radius turns. Maybe I'll go back to that one, but downhill esses are my weak point. I'm getting better, but they can get freaky for me. Especially with a steep mountainside and trees right at the roadway edge.

I like to remind myself of my limitations, ride within them, listen to people like you with experiences I can learn from. I ride very defensively. Some days it seems like every housewife in a minivan is out to get me. School bus drivers seem to always want to hit me for some reason! But, It's a good perspective to have... I treat every "cager" like an advisary. That being said, I also try to be a good MC advocate, waving at old guys on their tractors, moving over and quieting my loud exhaust for walkers, saying hi to kids in car windows, etc.

Thanks again. Look forward to the next Vlog!
Thank you!! I still ride "spirited" on certain roads, but what really changed, as i mentioned, is my focus on that spirited riding. I view "riding hard" as riding with a goal of being fast with no other consideration as to what is going on with the bike except for what the speedometer is reading. Not to sound cliche, but there is a certain amount of harmony that you have while on the bike and when you upset that balance by telling the bike to perform at a high level, but you dont possess that high level of riding proficiency, that harmonic balance is upset and mistakes are amplified.

I've found that even while riding and not trying to ride fast or spirited, I've BECOME faster by focusing on riding skills like throttle control, body position, trail braking, etc.

Grinding my pegs was never a goal, and was a byproduct of poor body position, even though I thought it was good. I didnt know how much better it could be until I started to become conscious about it and working on it. Now, I still have chicken strips, but I'm using my body to turn the bike more, which has added to my "lean angle bank," so to speak. I'm much more attentive to my personal "alarm" now and try to maintain my focus and concentration if that alarm is to ever go off. I try to leave enough there that I dont have to deal with that on the street though.

Minivans might be the most dangerous vehicles ever created.... They are big, comfortable, and can be deceptively fast considering what they are intended for. They are bred for nothing but distractions. With current creature comforts and promotion of technology and connectivity, blind spots that are inherent in their design, crying children in the back seat, and the rush that every driver is in nowadays is a recipe for disaster. I honestly can say I am more weary of minivans than I am of Mac trucks running down the road.

I try to look at roads in the respect that you can make any road as easy or as difficult as you want. It all depends on how much you're willing to turn the throttle one way or another. This assumes that all have adequate pavement and you're not going on an ADV excursion through the woods lol