Plasti-dip windscreen?!

Sandro

hey everyone i was thinking about using the black plasti-dip spray to paint my windscreen instead of spending 120+ bucks for no reason. my buddy just did it but all i have seen is pictures. i am planning on just painting the inside of it so that the outside still has the nice glossy finished look. If anybody has done this please let me know how it turned out!

Iccycold

I have done exactly that. Just taped off the front with blue painters tape to avoid over spray and made a bunch of light coats. Turned out great and has been holding up for almost a year no problems. Used less than one can of plastidip.

I have done exactly that. Just taped off the front with blue painters tape to avoid over spray and made a bunch of light coats. Turned out great and has been holding up for almost a year no problems. Used less than one can of plastidip.
did exactly the same. It's definitely the way to go

Sandro

Thanks! i finally got around to buying the can yesterday so when i have time im definitely doing it! Will post pics when im done :)

Sandro

HELLO AGAIN!! So I finally got around to dippin my wind screen. Take a look at the outcome. I am pretty happy with it.

If anybody else is thinking of doing this I have some comments for you about some issues I had.

1. At the distance they recommend spraying, it goes on waayyy too light so you would need like 20 coats. I brought the can to about 6-10 inches away and sprayed a lot slower on my passes after a few really light coats got me annoyed. this way however is much more difficult to keep the coats even.

2. use painters tape to cover the front side ( i only painted the back). i taped the edges and then taped some newpaper over the rest so the entire front was covered. my buddy didnt do this and he had overspray on the front.(didnt look too bad but no way)

3. I should have done something about the screw holes. These filled with the rubberized paint and did not allow for the screws to go back in. When I was cutting the paint away from the holes, the paint lifted a little bit away from the plastic. you can see what i mean in the picture (bottom right screw) This really pissed me off.

4. I put around 8-10 coats on...i lost count because i wasnt expecting to need to many ( i emptied the can)

5. LOOKS DOPE SO DO IT