Phazer, Fazer, Fizzer... What's that really all about?

rjsantana20

Phazer, Fazer, Fizzer... What's that really all about? Does anyone know the answer? Preach and teach FZ6R-Forum family!

ry-mac75

My two cents

... I know that Yamaha had a phazer line of snowmobiles... so given the FZ designation, I assumed ppl just lumped it in with that... but you get it with other brands too... GSXR is Gixxer for some reason...

JSP

Super Moderator

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
It would be the phonetic pronunciation of the yamaha bike models. However, it's not specific to yamaha.

GSXR = Gixxer
ZX6R = Zixxer
FZ6R = Fizzer
etc.
etc.

Think of them as pet names for our beloved bikes!

rjsantana20

That's what I was thinking. The reason I came up with this question is because in my hunt to purchase aftermarket products for the Fz6R, I have seen many sites list a "Fazer". Not knowing what it was I did not make any purchases. That got me a thinking. Are we Fazers or Fizzers or neither?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I was thinking. The reason I came up with this question is because in my hunt to purchase aftermarket products for the Fz6R, I have seen many sites list a "Fazer". Not knowing what it was I did not make any purchases. That got me a thinking. Are we Fazers or Fizzers or neither?
The Fazer is actually a model name. So don't buy anything that says Fazer, it won't work.

We would be considered fizzers, if you will.