Passed Today

Reaver

Aced the Riding, got a 96% on the written.

Only 700 miles of illegal riding to get it right. :zombie: :facepalm: My risk, so I took it. Actually I didn't have an option if anyone cares. My truck broke and in order to get to work I had to ride.

So, brings me to my next question.
Be honest, how many miles did you put on your bike before you took the test?

Cerebus

Zero. It sat in my drive for over a week until I passed the MSF class and got the "M" on my license.

Congrats on passing. :thumbsup:

Pinarello Rider

So, brings me to my next question.
Be honest, how many miles did you put on your bike before you took the test?
Zero. I took 2 years to buy my bike after taking the MSF course.

tatty2012

I'll be the one to break the trend...

I rode about 2500 miles over a 1 year period before I took my test. It did scare me, just because of the fact that if anything and I mean ANYTHING had happened, no matter who's fault it may have been, I would have been held responsible.

In no way am I condoning it, it's just what I did.

Fizzer6R

wow you guys are getting lucky... but congrats on finally being legal

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Riccochet

12 Miles. I had no other way to get the bike home from the dealer. Went to the DMV for my permit the following Monday.

xleeb0y13x

I got my permit a week after getting the bike and haven't taken the skills test yet and have put 260 miles on it so far. I waited way to long to get a bike so riding illegally was out of the question.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bmw675

I'll bite.....
Got my permit from the written test, and rode for about 3 weeks/300 miles before I took the riding test. Only got points off on one thing, I put my foot down on the the last turn of the slalom.

I lived in small town with not much cop activity. Actually I worked with our one and only cop, and he knew I didn't have a license.

I took my chances, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. This was 2009 I believe.

DanielW0830

planned the MSF class and then purchased a bike.

Riccochet

I'll bite.....
Got my permit from the written test, and rode for about 3 weeks/300 miles before I took the riding test. Only got points off on one thing, I put my foot down on the the last turn of the slalom.

I lived in small town with not much cop activity. Actually I worked with our one and only cop, and he knew I didn't have a license.

I took my chances, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. This was 2009 I believe.
Here in NC you're allowed to ride with the permit. Permit is good for 12 months. MSF course counts as your road test. So I'll be taking the MSF soon. Then just take your completed cert to the DMV and you get your M endorsement. Only restriction with a permit is no 2 up riding.

bmw675

Here in NC you're allowed to ride with the permit. Permit is good for 12 months. MSF course counts as your road test. So I'll be taking the MSF soon. Then just take your completed cert to the DMV and you get your M endorsement. Only restriction with a permit is no 2 up riding.
Legally, with a permit, I could ride if there was a licensed rider on another bike.

I didn't know anyone that rode at the time. My neighbor was the one that administered the test, so I didn't get any grief about riding to the test.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MaximumHP

I got my probationary before I bought my first bike, rode a few hundred miles before I took the motorcycle safety course which gets you your license in WI.

dnielson45

Elite Member