Pants or Chaps

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

2w05thletes

I've been in the hunt for both leather pants and a jacket. PLEASE write a review after you've received and ridden with them. PLEASE DO NOT write a review on how well they protected you after a spill. That would mean you went down, don't want that!! :D ;)

sammy56

My G-d.....
Unless you are racing or ride super aggressively, get some textile overpants. Even better, kevlar reinforced jeans since on summer days you will never want to wear overpants.

creggur

Okay guys, I pulled the trigger and got this. I figured I can't really go wrong with more protection, and I am sure that it being leather will be more warm than jeans. I will definitely be reviewing these soon!!
Leather is warmer than denim in the summer and colder than denim in the winter - bummer, huh? I've got perf leather I wear year-round with bicycling tights underneath in the winter. (Our winters are extremely mild so you may not get away with this in a colder climate.)

I just ordered the wife and I Draggin' jeans with the knee and hip armor - very comfortable - and we intend to use when we're going somewhere on the bikes where the power-ranger look just doesn't work.

Of course full leather is the best protection, but you must decide for yourself the safety vs comfort vs practicallity choices you're willing to make.

Spunky99

Regarding the pucks and the pads.
All the pads are removable and the pucks are replaceable.
The vendor has a replacement set of hard plastic pads and new pucks. I used the hard plastics on my mesh jackets so that I have more protection as the pads that came in the suit are fine.
They are velcro'd to the pants with lots of velcro so don't worry about them falling off or shifting. Look at the pictures in the eBay auction. The bottom pic is all the pads that come with the suit.
Here is an auction for a 4 pair pack of replacement pucks.
Four Pair Motorcycle Pants Knee Sliders Pucks Black: eBay Motors (item 250690188645 end time Sep-29-10 18:24:56 PDT)

Here is the hard pads...when the mesh jacket disintegrates in a slide in the street, the plastic keeps you sliding instead of flopping and keeps you from breaking bones.
CE HARD ARMOR for JOE ROCKET DAINESE motorcycle jacket: eBay Motors (item 230523150544 end time Oct-06-10 18:00:39 PDT)