Question Overheating issues?

ricebebussin

I own a 08 fz6 and I've been wondering what the average operating temperature is? Whenever I ride around 85 degrees the bike has a running temperature between 190 and 235 I was just wondering if that is normal.

Matt3000

I recall my bike (09' FZ6R) reaching 103C/217F, but the engine fan kicks on at that point. And cools to below 97C/206F. If your engine fan isn't kicking on at 103C, then I think you should investigate.

Fabes_movin

Here's a screenshot from the owners manuel. Mine [2014] idles at about 190°F to 210°F after a long riding session. As someone else has said before the fan kicks on and cools down the bike. Check to see if your fan is kicking on and also check to make sure it isn't wiggling loosely about which would make it less efficient

Attachments

RnH

Here's a screenshot from the owners manuel. Mine [2014] idles at about 190°F to 210°F after a long riding session. As someone else has said before the fan kicks on and cools down the bike. Check to see if your fan is kicking on and also check to make sure it isn't wiggling loosely about which would make it less efficient
with the engine off try to spin the fan with your fingers to check bearing. check for continuity across the relay, check the temp sensor, the condition of the radiator fins, and you might want to renew the coolant. Don't allow the engine to overheat unless you want to spend a whole bunch of money.

DannyByrd

Thank you for sharing this useful information :)

speed19

maybe try a coolant flush with distilled water then add coolant of choice i use honda car coolant

same here runs at 190 fahrenheit right now in the summer and goes up to around 220.

in the winter it runs cool 168 to around 180 fahrenheit