Official seat cover group buy thread

jman

*note: please read through first two posts carefully as they will have a lot of info and should answer most questions.

Please keep this thread clean. It is not a debate of corbin seats vs gold gel inserts vs spencer seat mod. If you'd like to order or have a specific question regarding luimoto thats great. Others please keep your .02 to yourself.

Ok I've been working with Alvin on setting up a group buy from luimoto on seat covers http://www.luimoto.com/gallery.php?g=VIDEO#3 In order for our discounted prices to go through we will need a minimum of ten members to join in. Once we have enough members we will receive 15% off of our order totals. This includes anything on their site. I'll be listing the prices post discount with the items. They do have multiple bike models to choose from as well as a comfort gel insert if interested. I'll try to break it down a little bit here by categories.

First up will be the front and rear seat set of covers for the fz6r. These are some photos of their covers on an fz6r.

The price for this item post discount is $76.50 for both the front and rear seat plus shipping with an estimate of roughly $18. The only additional cost would be if you chose to use suede which adds and extra $30. The options we have to choose will be either a single color or two tone seat. For the single base color seat you choose the material and color off the chart below and also a stitching color. They have basically all colors for stitching so whatever you'd like should be fine.

For two tone seats you would choose two of the base materials and colors from above as well as the stitching color. Below is a picture breaking down the segments of the seat with the proper names so you can specify as to where you want your particular material/color to be located on the seat.

Since these are custom seats there is a no refund or exchange policy unless there is a manufacturer malfunction. Luimoto does offer to send you free samples of particular materials so you can properly match it to your bike if needed.

The item will come with instalation instructions. Basically you remove the front and rear seats and flip them over. They will have staples holding in the OEM cover which you remove. Once the OEM cover is off you properly line up and adjust your new cover and staple back on. **edit: Alvin said you do not have to remove the OEM cover and can go right over top of it as long as there are no tears in it**

*What I need from you if you'd like to order is a pm with your name, e-mail address (you will receive a request of payment and invoice when we are ready to order) and very specific details of what you want such as single color seats for fz6r cf black material and red stitching... Once we reach the ten members we will start the billing process. Upon payment receival the production time is roughly two weeks till they get shipped out.

Last edited:

jman

Next up is the gold gel inserts. These items require a little more on the install. Here is a video of the install process...please watch it to make sure you are comfortable with doing it.
Gallery - Luimoto

Also here's a little more info if it helps. https://www.luimoto.com/news.php?id=64

The price post discount on this kit is $59.50 for those interested. Here are some pics as well.

Last edited:

jman

And finally for those interested with different models here is a link to their list of covers available. Seat Covers - Luimoto

Again we will get 15% off the order total for any items we purchase. What I'll need from you is a detailed list of what you want along with your name and email address.

*I am in no way affiliated with luimoto nor have I ever seen a cover up close in person. From the pics they look great but please do not hold me responsible for any mis representation. I've done the best I can playing middle man here and I hope this works out well for everyone!

JSP

Super Moderator
Gel inserts seem hit and miss for people. Some love, some hate. If you want a comfy seat, I would suggest Spencer Seat Mod. Everyone loves his work. About the same price as the gel insert kit. He does all the work and makes it how you want it. Then you could get the nice fancy cover... He re-uses your stock cover so should be no problem...

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Deathdiesel

Gel inserts seem hit and miss for people. Some love, some hate. If you want a comfy seat, I would suggest Spencer Seat Mod. Everyone loves his work. About the same price as the gel insert kit. He does all the work and makes it how you want it. Then you could get the nice fancy cover... He re-uses your stock cover so should be no problem...
This was what I was considering as well. Ive heard his work is either great or okay.

There are so many options for sure though.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

jman

Can't wait till we can start a picture thread with everyone's new seats. Just remember to make it official I'll need a pm with your name email address and very specific instructions as to which panel (use the names listed on the pic in first post) you want your particular color/material to be on. This two tone seat option can get confusing and id hate for you to not get exactly what you want since there are no returns.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Deathdiesel

Go ahead an count me in. Im set, I wanted a rear cowl, but I think this will work as a better alternative in every way. Gunna take me a bit to decide, because im waiting on them to send out afew color patches.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Deathdiesel

Got everyone's pm's. I'll go over all the info and get everyone plugged in tomorrow while I'm at "work" lol. I'll also ask how the samples work and let you know.
I just emailed them, asked what they usually did basically, and asked for the color samples I was interested in. Really easy. They replied within like 40min, very fast.

lwclancers

My brain cant process this right now, but Im interested! Ill PM once I can decide for sure. Is there a timeline on the decision?