New Member, New Rider, New FZ6R

A big hello to everyone here! Been lurking on here for a while and this seems to be a really friendly and supportive community, far better than some other bike forums I've checked out.

So, it's my first year riding. Actually got my license about 6 years ago but never bought a bike. It was always something; pressure from girlfriends/family, traveling all the time for work, a bit of fear if I'm honest.

I just turned 35 and I figured if the itch to ride hans't gone away by now, it's never going to! So I finally bought a '93 Kawasaki EX500 (Ninja 500 as it later came to be known). A total beater but it was what I needed, just something cheap and newb friendly to get started on. I rode that for a few months and a couple thousand miles until I found a pretty solid deal on my brand new 2013 white FZ6R. Super stoked! Just picked it up the other day with 3 miles on the ODO. Just passed the 100 mile mark this morning (in the pouring rain, ugh!).

Loving this machine so far! So much smoother and nicer than the old Kawi! Been kind of obsessing over what bike I'd eventually buy for like, years now lol. I let my sensible side win out and bought the FZ6R over some less practical options that were tempting me. It just made sense, simply a great all arounder that will do everything I need it to do.

This is getting long so I'll quit rambling :) Thanks everyone for all the great info provided on this forum and I'm happy to be part of this community!

The mods will begin soon...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Congrats, it is a great bike and i dont think you will be dissapointed with your pick. Im pretty much the same situation as you guys except my wife had no problem with me getting one :)
i had always wanted one but it kinda slipped to the back of my mind with marriage and then a kid. My nephew bought one brought it to family gathering i took it for a ride and said oh man its on i gotta get me one. Plus i realized that that now that i was older and had more money they were not as expensive as i remembered being a 20 year old. i bought a 650 cruiser which i rode about 6 months until i got the fz6r. i sold the cruiser and was just going to keep the 6R when my wife said she wanted me to get a bigger cruiser since she isnt to fond of riding on the 6R so now i have two :)
i was just about 40

Great stuff everyone. I've only had time to squeeze in a few quick rides before work and have had to dodge thunder storms all week. Three day weekend starting for the holiday and I can't wait to just ride and ride (while following break in procedures, of course).

Not that you guys don't know what it looks like, but I'll get some pics up real soon anyway :p