New FZ6R owner......

fuzzylogic

Re: Another FZ6R Owner

grats on the new bike. i'm sure you love it as much as i love mine. especially considering, like me, you bought the best color!

fuzzylogic

well the rain let up enough for me to get a decent hour long ride in. after which i must profess that i LOVE this bike. i think this very well may become a long time habit. =D

P

paulinus

:welcome: I look forward to hearing how you like your R and what you end up modding :) Once the monkey bites you that is.

reiobard

congrats on the new bike, and i definitely look forward to your long term opinions, especially coming from an experienced rider.

F

Fz6Sa

well the rain let up enough for me to get a decent hour long ride in. after which i must profess that i LOVE this bike. i think this very well may become a long time habit. =D
Sounds like there really is some of that bewitching Fizzer soul in the R after all :)

Enjoy it, - You will now belong to the great Fizzer Spirit forever :)

Y

Yatz86

waahh congrats to ure nice baby fizzer~
wheather is a fz6r or fz6 s2 model, u can never go wrong with a fazer=)

fstrthan_uthink

Well today was the first "real" test as far as commuting goes, and it did great. First gear can go to 30mph easily without taking the rpms that high, 2nd to 3rd is fun, 3rd pulls hard and can take the speedo up there pretty good if you want it to, 4th is usually perfect for around town at 50mph cruising, 5th is good when people are "cruising" at like 60 around town lol. As far as mods, not too much, I like the clean all black look, and I'm not really looking to boost the performance. Maybe some frame sliders depending on how they mount. An exhaust would be sick. The stock muffler is cool but Yamaha shoulda made the black box carbon fiber.

So far the bike has been perfect, the only additional thing I wish Yamaha had put on the bike was a helmet lock. There's no simple (pin-style) helmet lock on the FZ6R, just some build-it-yourself cable contraption that you gotta take the passenger seat off to do...

Anyway here's some more pictures, I'll try to put a video on youtube tomorrow of it running and such, the sound is nice.

V

vdbergj1

Thanx or the photo's. You can keep it coming! Can't wait for the video to hear the sound. Happy miles.

V

vdbergj1

Just a thought...
A fiber glass cover over the black exhaust/box - will it keep to much heat in? Maybe with a few shark like gills on the side with a hole for the outlet.

fstrthan_uthink

I was thinking about that too, maybe a thermal layer first...lol

Anyway I thought you guys would appreciate this video...

Not the greatest, but pretty much the only vid on youtube right now other than the promo videos

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk6IYIyCgK8"]YouTube - 2009 Yamaha FZ6R Startup[/ame]

Video is still being "processed" I think so be patient if it doesn't work at first, just click on it

As you can hear (hopefully), the exhaust is quiet but has a nice deep tone.

M

muzkur

FZ6R are so beautiful!

I hope that arrives in Brazil until the end of 2009. So, should I buy that :D

K

krid80

I was thinking about that too, maybe a thermal layer first...lol

Anyway I thought you guys would appreciate this video...

Not the greatest, but pretty much the only vid on youtube right now other than the promo videos

YouTube - 2009 Yamaha FZ6R Startup

Video is still being "processed" I think so be patient if it doesn't work at first, just click on it

As you can hear (hopefully), the exhaust is quiet but has a nice deep tone.
YESSSSSSS!!!!! 600cc sewing machine!!! Actually, I am impressed how a completely different muffler design sounds exactly the same as a FZ6S. I work at a Yamaha dealership and we have had our FZ6R on the showroom floor for about 3 weeks and it has had a pretty decent response. Oh... and that video is pretty accurate. That's how they sound in person.

fstrthan_uthink

So I went to Lowe's today, and for $1.85 built myself a pretty decent camera mount. Just a 1" conduit hanger, some 1" tubing, a 1/4" x 2" bolt and nuts.

This was the result:

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dee1GhxyYKA[/nomedia]

:thumbup:

fstrthan_uthink

It's a pretty simple mount. I might improve it a bit, maybe add a washer to protect the base of the camera better, but my little Nikon weighs nothing, so it holds it plenty securely.