New AZ FZ6R owner!

RenegadeRider

So, after a lot of debating about what to do, I decided to take the wife to the dealership to see if we could get financing on a bike... well, they didn't have the one I planned on (Kawasaki Z750S), but they were having a SMOKING sale...

Here's what I found...

It's a 2009 Yamaha FZ6R... BRAND NEW! :) I picked it up for $5700... with 0 miles on it.

I feel like this will be a good starter bike for me.... anyways... just thought I'd share... I pick it up tomorrow with my gear and stuff. :)

FZ6Raven

:drool: Why didn't they come out with the black and gold for 2009 dammit!!

Welcome to the fz6r scene though and enjoy your new bike!!!

RenegadeRider

:drool: Why didn't they come out with the black and gold for 2009 dammit!!

Welcome to the fz6r scene though and enjoy your new bike!!!
Thanks! :) I'm not sure what you're talking about... the one next to it is a Black bike with Gold wheels... it's a 2009. :) I was thinking about that one, but I liked the visibility of the yellow one. :D

Thanks for the welcome. :)

RenegadeRider

Last night I was very nervous about riding my new bike home... since I live about 20 miles from the dealership... and the only way home is a higher-speed highway.... but after about 5 minutes of riding around in the parking lot with this bike, I felt like I could do it.... I actually rode around quite a bit today. I think I clocked about 41 miles... here's some shots at the stealership... as well as some riding shots my wife took as we were sitting at lights....

This bike is SO smooth... I really like it.

bikerchick13

WELCOME,congrats on the new bike.It won't take long to rack up the miles.I have had mine for a little over a month with 0 miles,now i have almost 1500.
:welcome:

JonKerr

Elite Member

CGENGO

Welcome in AZ

Congrats on the bike, you will LOVE it!:p I am up in Prescott, and always enjoy a dash to Phoenix on business (the bike makes it pleasure) If you are interested is learning a few terrific rides just out past Wickenburg way, IM me. I would love to ride with another FZ6R.

RenegadeRider

Congrats on the bike, you will LOVE it!:p I am up in Prescott, and always enjoy a dash to Phoenix on business (the bike makes it pleasure) If you are interested is learning a few terrific rides just out past Wickenburg way, IM me. I would love to ride with another FZ6R.
That would be AWESOME! I want to get to know the bike better before taking it too far... but I think the learning curve is going better than I thought. I've already racked about 50 miles on it... and plan another 20-30 today. I'm feeling good about the bike and the handling characteristics. :) I hit a faster road yesterday on the way home, and I'm not sure I'm ready for freeway / highway riding yet. I'll be taking trips up and down this road... I think I'll definitely be getting the tinted windscreen... the double bubble one.. I'm 6'4" tall, so I get hit by a lot of wind. I'd like to lessen that a little bit. :)

Newmason

Welcome welcome, the community keeps getting larger and larger!

RenegadeRider

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)