Neons

gearhead

Good point, thanks!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I know this is an old thread, but it's winter and I'm going to run some LEDs, so I have a couple of questions. How many LEDs are needed to:
1. Light up the intake scoops.
2. Create a glow under the bike.
3. Accent the front and rear tire.

There's a guy riding around on a CBR with blue lights and it looks awesome. I want to have the same subtle lighting effects, but I am always driving in the opposite direction so I can't ask him? Also, I don't want it so bright it looks like a UFO. For those with the experience, please help!
You might try asking one of the ebay sellers that list led kits for various bikes how many they actually use, that is, if you are wanting to build yours from scratch. Otherwise, you could just buy one of the kits and then add 3-5 evenly spaced leds to the air scoops and 2-3 for each tire.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

mafiahalo93

Does anyone have any suggestions on how they would recommend hooking neons up with a toggle switch on our bikes. Just just purchased some neons last night and not sure how I want to wire them. All the help would help.
i wouldnt recommend going out and buying each part cause if u dont know what ur doing u can damage ur bike i got a nice neon light set if i were u i would go get a set from a website that make them i got my set from LEDGLOW LIGHTING, LLC i got the advance 1 million color one and i get 15 color 3 flash mode i think 2 fade modes and a color cycle mode and a wireless remote i paid about 120$ for my 6pc set and a 130$ for the guys at my local motorcycle shop i do not recomend going to dealership cause they will give u bullshit about it being illegal when it really isnt i looked up light codes in the state of CA and as long as there not blue or red or flashing i can have them on here a vid of my bike with it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtJe1UgXq54](reuploaded) neon light video - YouTube[/ame]