Need PCV help

husker525

Just installed a PCV. On the printed instructions, it basically directs you to unplug a clear plug, and a white plug, and then plug and play the PCV into the existing plugs.

On the software CD, it states to unplug, and leave unplugged, the O2 sensor.

I tried to run it without unplugging the 02 sensor, and it dies constantly.

When unplugging what I am totally guessing is the 02 sensor (the picture on the CD has a plug that looks different than our bike), the bike seems to run fine, but the check engine light stays illuminated.

Do I have to splice the speed sensor wire, and temperature sensor wire into the PCV, or is it just plug and play?

Any suggestions?

(I think I want to go back to carbs and jetting, I am a whole lot better at old school then I am at new school. LOL)

MikeN02

I believe the US version (FZ6-R) doesn't have a o2 sensor... the European version (XJ6-Diversion) does have it.

I've never messed with the PCV before but I believe it's just plug and play, no splicing required.

husker525

I believe the US version (FZ6-R) doesn't have a o2 sensor... the European version (XJ6-Diversion) does have it.

I've never messed with the PCV before but I believe it's just plug and play, no splicing required.
Interesting....thanks...I wonder why it ran like crap before I unplugged whatever it was that I unplugged...lol

After doing some searching, there is no 02 sensor, and my bike is doing the same as several other members here that had problems with it. Grrrrr. Time to make a phone call....

Last edited:

Spunky99

So what is the answer?

I have one of those things coming and I hope I don't get frustrated.

husker525

So what is the answer?

I have one of those things coming and I hope I don't get frustrated.
No answer as of yet. I had to leave a message and hopefully they call me back. I do know there is NOT an 02 sensor that needs unplugged. From the research that I have located, it is a 50/50 deal. 50% of the people plug and play and go like heck. The other 50% have to either send in the PCV and it gets fixed, or some can fix it by having their laptop taken over remotely by Dyno...

My situation is slightly different due to my mods. I know that I must build my own map, but also know that the PCV stock mapping should not have the effect it is having on the way it is running right now. Part of the problem is that I live at 6000' above sea level, and the PCV is dumping huge amounts of fuel at low to mid rpms.

Time will tell. I am headed to Sturgis next week, and was hoping to have everything dialed in for the NOS before I went, but that is not going to happen. I will just run the stock slightly tweaked ECU and cruise while I am there, instead of my other plan.

I will post updates when I get them.

husker525

Finally had my call returned. Spoke to a gentleman that stated he was not familiar with any PCV problems on our bikes. I explained the diagnosis, and he emailed me a firmware update. I installed the update and the bike still runs poorly, no change. Tried to call him back again, and got his voice mail....the saga continues......

Spunky99

husker525

Ok, all is fine now. The installation CD I had was an older version, and was not compatible with the new firmware update.

Bike runs great now. They took over my laptop remotely (scary.....insert George Orwell here) and were able to actually tune my bike to a certain degree.

If anyone else needs the new firmware update, let me know, I can email this, and a total of 4 different maps to you. I have to give an A+ to their customer service too.

MikeN02

Ok, all is fine now. The installation CD I had was an older version, and was not compatible with the new firmware update.

Bike runs great now. They took over my laptop remotely (scary.....insert George Orwell here) and were able to actually tune my bike to a certain degree.

If anyone else needs the new firmware update, let me know, I can email this, and a total of 4 different maps to you. I have to give an A+ to their customer service too.
Grats, I would've went this way as PCV is customizable but I didn't see anyone sharing maps so I went juice box.