naked fz6r

dste0395

The FZ8 headlight is not the same as the FZ6R and wont fit the current set up for our bike. If you check out some of my threads they will walk you through how to customize your current bike using your current parts to create a streetfighter.

Muffinpunch

I realize this is an old thread, but I was just looking for this same info earlier today. Short answer: yes. The fz8 headlight assembly unit is in fact identical to that of the xj6 (Euro model naked fz6r). However, the fz8 uses hid bulbs which your 6r would not be able to handle electrically. Additionally you would need to source the mounting hardware off the xj6 or custom fab some yourself as the fz8 mounts to inverted forks. Thought you might like to know.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Muffinpunch

Obviously you guys don't get the naked version that we do here in australia?
If only! XJ6N would be my ideal bike!

The FZ8 does not use projectors. I may have spoken too soon when I pointed out that it was HID. I could have sworn I read that somewhere, but upon further researching the matter, I can't find anything to verify that. I do know however that the bulb is a different part number between the fj6 and fz8 headlight, and that the microfiche shows additional wiring harness required for the fz8... The headlight assembly unit however, is identical.

Last edited: