My bike and mods

jman

Heres my 2009 fz6r. The mods I've done thus far (if I can remember them all) are listed below.

Tbr black series aluminum exhaust with jb pro and marthy maps.
Spyder grips black and red
OES frame sliders
Adjustable shorty brake and clutch levers black with red adjusters
HEL steel braided red break lines
Reflective red rim stripes
Lowered front end one inch
Tinted GYTR screen
Miscelaneous decals
Red led light in rear wheel well
Fender eliminator
Led front and rear turn signals
Motodynamics integrated smoke rear taillight
HID light kit--DDM
Luimoto seat covers and gold gel
Progrip tank pad
Stomp grip tank grips
EBC double h sintered pads
Amber running light/blinkers in air ducts
USB charger on handle bars

I may have missed some. So far my exhaust and HID light are my favorite upgrades for safety and the "cool" factor.

Attachments

Last edited:

mcjfauser

Hey,
I've been lurking for some time on these forums and recently a member, your post has prompted some interest and intrigue.

It's looking pretty nice, just have a few questions when you have time to respond.

Are your frame sliders Shogun Carbon (no cutting required)?
Is the fender eliminator Competition Werkes?
The tank protector is?

Regards

cruelsunshine

Although I have been riding a great many years, mods have never been high on my priorities list, how does lowering the front affect the handling and performance? I know that frame sliders are a must have, any other must haves I should know about?

jman

There are quite a few threads and many differing opinions on lowering the front end. Most say if you lower the front you should lower the back too. And some say to only lower minimally like less than half an inch. Others have gone 2 1/2" and say it's just fine. I personally only lowered the front and not the back. If I had to do it again I might have gone a little less like 3/4" or so. The bike takes corners a little better in my opinion and the overall stance of the bike improved visually. Just do a search on the topic and read through and get all the different opinions before you make a decision.

As for other mods that are "musts" I would say a brighter headlight either hid or the retrofit that rabbit man offers. And some form of exhaust mod to get some more volume. Those two improved safety drastically being able to be seen and heard a lot better. Other than that the rest is all whatever you like. The windscreen is a good upgrade too.

xleeb0y13x

Just the bike I was looking for. I wanted to put led rear turns with my Motodynamics taillight. How did you splice those in and do they work fine together? I suck at wiring things that's why I ask.

Sent using Jedi mind tricks!

jman

Just the bike I was looking for. I wanted to put led rear turns with my Motodynamics taillight. How did you splice those in and do they work fine together? I suck at wiring things that's why I ask.

Sent using Jedi mind tricks!
I used these. http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=360678765760 simple plug and play. All you gotta do is snip the wiring harness off your stock signals and attach them to your new rear signals the plug everything in and stash the wires under the rear seat.