Modular helmet for eyeglasses-wearing rider

ngengs

Hello all :D,

I just joined this forum so I can get as much info from owners as I can before I buy my 2012 FZ6R. I currently have a 2011 Suzuki tu250x and I am dying to upgrade but I have to be educated first on this bike. So far I am very impressed, reviews are very favorable :thumbup:.

But for now, can anyone recommend a helmet-full face or modular-for a rider who wears prescription eyeglasses . I find it very hard to get into a full face and when I do, I first have to take off my glasses :( and put them on when I am in the helmet! I currently have 2 modulars, hjc and a bell. They are good helmets, but I was hoping to find a quieter one. My main complaint about these helmets is when I record my ride on my drift camera, the wind noise is excessive at high speed. I can barely hear myself when I talk.

I am thinking Arai or Shoei... I have to check if they have modulars.

Thanks in advance@
Ngengs
Soon-to-be FZ6R rider

JSP

Super Moderator
I wear glasses as well (sometimes :)) and cannot put on or take off the helmet without taking off my glasses. I dont think you ever will be able to with a proper fitting helmet. If it bugs you then yeah, modular would be the way to go. I have no experience with those, so others will have to chime in.

ngengs

I wear glasses as well (sometimes :)) and cannot put on or take off the helmet without taking off my glasses. I dont think you ever will be able to with a proper fitting helmet. If it bugs you then yeah, modular would be the way to go. I have no experience with those, so others will have to chime in.
Thanks! So, what kind / brand of helmet do you have and how are they when you're wearing glasses.

btw, I found out the Shoei's full face RX1100 have cheek pads that have eyeglasses channels. They also have the Multitec modular that have the same features. That's going to be my Christmas gift to myself.

JSP

Super Moderator
Thanks! So, what kind / brand of helmet do you have and how are they when you're wearing glasses.

btw, I found out the Shoei's full face RX1100 have cheek pads that have eyeglasses channels. They also have the Multitec modular that have the same features. That's going to be my Christmas gift to myself.
I just have a Scorpion Exo. Its nothing special but they fit my head the best. I like that idea of glasses channel. Never seen that before. Mine is comfy though. No pressure points and I forget I even have them on. Definitely go try them on though, as they are all different shapes for different shaped heads.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Wheelsucker

I just joined this forum so I can get as much info from owners as I can before I buy my 2012 FZ6R. I currently have a 2011 Suzuki tu250x and I am dying to upgrade but I have to be educated first on this bike. So far I am very impressed, reviews are very favorable :thumbup:.

But for now, can anyone recommend a helmet-full face or modular-for a rider who wears prescription eyeglasses . I find it very hard to get into a full face and when I do, I first have to take off my glasses :( and put them on when I am in the helmet! I currently have 2 modulars, hjc and a bell. They are good helmets, but I was hoping to find a quieter one. My main complaint about these helmets is when I record my ride on my drift camera, the wind noise is excessive at high speed. I can barely hear myself when I talk.

Thanks in advance@
Ngengs
Soon-to-be FZ6R rider
As Jay said, whatever you buy has to fit your head. If you're interested, take a look at the Nolans. I have an N90 and gave my comments to Bobski in the following thread:

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f9/nolan-n43-trilogy-any-thoughts-25133/

Good luck on finding the right lid for you.

Thanks in advance@
Ngengs
Soon-to-be FZ6R rider
My head fits well in the shoe I brand. I have both the multitec modular and the rf-1100. I wear glasses and both helmets work great. The stock cheek pads were a little thick, so I did end up buying the 33mm replacements to give me some more room.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I wear glasses all the time and just picked up a Scorpion EXO1100. This is an awesome helmet! It has the drop down sunvisor so I don't have to worry about changing to a clear face shield at night from my dark smoke shield during the day. It also has inflatable cheek pads to customize the fit to your head. I have no problem wearing my glasses with this helmet. The helmet even has a groove for my glasses, although I don't think it was specifically designed for that. But it works out great. It's also really quiet, even with the faceshield cracked open. Highly recommend the EXO1100.

BoneJj

I wear glasses all the time and just picked up a Scorpion EXO1100. This is an awesome helmet! It has the drop down sunvisor so I don't have to worry about changing to a clear face shield at night from my dark smoke shield during the day. It also has inflatable cheek pads to customize the fit to your head. I have no problem wearing my glasses with this helmet. The helmet even has a groove for my glasses, although I don't think it was specifically designed for that. But it works out great. It's also really quiet, even with the faceshield cracked open. Highly recommend the EXO1100.
I couldn't find any places to try one of those out at. What would you consider you head shape to be? I'd like to order one of those one day.

via mobile, crazy...

Spunky99

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I couldn't find any places to try one of those out at. What would you consider you head shape to be? I'd like to order one of those one day.

via mobile, crazy...
I would say my head shape is more oval from front to back. Have you ever worn a fitted baseball cap? The helmet sizes are pretty true to the size of a fitted ball cap.

BoneJj

I would say my head shape is more oval from front to back. Have you ever worn a fitted baseball cap? The helmet sizes are pretty true to the size of a fitted ball cap.
I'm a pretty strong oval myself. I have the Bell RS-1 XXL.

I have personally never bought a fitted hat (the kind you refer to). I was military so I'm used to those hat sizes, I'm a 7 3/4 in those... sometimes an 8 depending.

I actually need to get a different field hat right now, mine is about a 1/8 size too small.

On most of the ones with the plastic snap size things I'm on the last 2 holes on those typically.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

BoneJj

I recommend the Bell Revolver Evo. It's one of my favorites anyway... as far as glasses and helmets... if you are looking for a helmet that you can put on with your glasses on from the start... you aren't going to find one. Once your helmet is on you can put them on and then use the modular face up and down. One of the bummers of glasses and helmets. I switched to contacts when I ride because I got tired of dicking with shoving my glasses into my helmet and scraping against the side of my head or the padding of my helmets. If you find something that works for you though, more power to you.
What this guy said. I don't wear glasses but I do wear sunglasses. I like my polarized shades on during the day... Speaking of which, I just found all my missing shades in my jacket pockets... lol.

I would also say that wearing glasses or any kind in a helmet will give you issues with fogging... I have this problem all the time with my shades.

The key is having sturdy frames that wont bend from the pressure of the pads in the helmet. I actually broke the arm off a pair one day because of this. I was riding and felt it snap against my temple. good thing they were only cost me 20 bucks and I had already had them for a year.

One of these days I'll actually buy an expensive pair of shades, about the time I finish my degree.... lmao.