Mini review, 2 weeks in

fz6rwolf

Well went out for my 1st more than 50-60 mile ride today (around 150). 1st, power is great even on highway passing haven't really had to downshift, just twist the throttle. Even though still in break-in I rode bit harder today, taking it thru higher rpms shifting thru the gears getting onto the highway and twisted the throttle few times from about 70mph to 90ish and once to 110 but pulled back and again coming from cruisers was surprised how quickly that happened as I'm not much of a 100mph+ rider, just wanted to see it. One thing after doing about 40 miles on highway at around 75-80mph (which on I95 is about what you have to do just keeping with traffic) I really need bit bigger shield as alot of wind hitting the helmet and was a strain on the neck. The seat is still pretty firm and might do the cheap thing and get sheepskin or gel pad for when I take a trip or two this summer from RI to Pittsburgh, PA. Other than those two things the positioning was very comfortable with no leg cramping, no hands going numb or any other discomforts. I think with just bit cushier seat (yeah I have a bony a$$), bigger shield and gps mount and wiring this will be a great all around bike for commuting, day riding on weekends and touring. I'm very happy so far (even though my necks bit sore, well not really sore but tired) and I can see having this bike quite a long time. To go along with the cortech saddlebags I bought a cortech tank bag today but haven't tried it out yet (want to put a good coat of wax on the tank 1st).

C

cv_rider

Thanks for that review. I haven't heard a single owner have a single complaint about the FZ6R (wind blast doesn't count!). Looks like Yammie will have a winner with that one.

fz6rwolf

Oh, finally calculated MPG at 41.9, again it's still breaking in and I was going up and down the rpm's pretty good.

C

cv_rider

Oh, finally calculated MPG at 41.9, again it's still breaking in and I was going up and down the rpm's pretty good.
I believe it usually goes up after the break-in period. Most of the FZ6R owners probably aren't out of the break-in period. Once you all have some miles under your belt, it will be interesting to see how it compares to the FZ6 (maybe a bit higher with a little lower hp?), which has a very wide variance in reported mileage, high 30s to mid-50s reported.

Johnfz6r

How many miles we up to now wolf? I am just shy of 400 and have a nice sunday and monday ahead of me :rockon:
I haven't been on the interstate with mine yet I tend to enjoy the back road twistes to work myself but I will say the yamaha windshield points the wind more to the top of my helmet than my at my shoulders like it was stock. Either way I dont know about you but I love the bike more every time I get on it.

X

xj750_Pete

Thanks for the review. Just out of curiosity, what is your crusing RPM in 6th at 80mph?

fz6rwolf

Thanks for the review. Just out of curiosity, what is your crusing RPM in 6th at 80mph?
Right about 7k, I had read a review of buzziness around 7k but I haven't felt it myself.

G

gggplaya

out of curiosity, how tall are you? If you are really tall, the stock windscreen might be ok for shorter people.

fz6rwolf

out of curiosity, how tall are you? If you are really tall, the stock windscreen might be ok for shorter people.
I'm 5'9"ish. I think the stock screen would be good for few inches shorter.

O-turn

Partier
Very Cool, I just clicked 21 miles :D

Learning the bike in general...

fuzzylogic

i'm 6'2" and the wind hits me in the chest which i don't have a problem with. of course being my first bike i have no idea if having a shorter/taller/wider windscreen would be an improvement to something that doesn't bother me.