Marthy is the truth!

BoneJj

I like the stock exhaust but cars just keep on merging on me.
maybe you should re-evaluate where you are riding in relation to the other car and trucks on the road. I make it a point to not ride in direct line of site areas while on the road.

Seeing as most people don't even bother to check their mirrors or turn their head, if you can't see their eye balls from where you are then they can't see you and will run you off the road.

Most people on the roads have no common sense so you have to always ride like they have no clue you are there. make yourself visible. While a noticeable exhaust does help when you are right next to other vehicles it does nothing for vehicle ahead of you or behind you. It's only good for those right next to you and a lot of times it's not even good for that.....

While yes exhaust sound does help you don't have to be stupidly loud for it to benefit. Hence why I changed my exhaust to a set of R77 yoshis on my ninja 1000. The urban brawlers were just far too loud....

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

If you ever rode in Florida, it's one of those law in the book that got lost. Just like camping in the left lane. Pound over 50K miles within the last 4 years on my 2 bikes (6R: +45K, FZ09: +6K) and I never got bother at all. To be fair honest I don't remember seeing a bike with a stock exhaust around. So many riding clubs around here packed with skids doing 3 time the speed limit on there supercharge Busa and bike like that. I even saw track bike riding around...

There's a difference between louder and loud as F!

From there, it's each for their own. No need to argue about exhaust noise level, what type of tires, oil or oil filter we all use.

This thread is going nowhere and they're absolutely no need to throw knifes to each others.

Peace out, end of the story!
Left lane campers, LOL. Yeah, you are in florida... I love the spontaneous lane changers that never look or even move their eyes.

Also now that you mention it, I can't remember the last time I saw a bike with a stock exhaust down here. Normally the only ones I see with stock exhaust are the ones that just came off the show room floor.

I have never seen a track bike riding around though, that would be a new one for me. The cops over here are pretty hard on headlights on bikes and tiallights as well.

Left lane campers, LOL. Yeah, you are in florida... I love the spontaneous lane changers that never look or even move their eyes.
This is the same thing in Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania driver issue. I got hit by a lady who likely didnt even look... Oh and i think Penn does give the LL camper problem a though unlike VA and MD.

And while this thread is off topic... :hijack:

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jammer

I like the stock exhaust but cars just keep on merging on me.
After years of driving Class 8 big rigs I understand and instinctively manage the space around me. Blind spots etc. My problem comes from the folks who decide they are in the wrong lane at a light, or intersection and just come on over till I blow the horn.
:catfight:

PA doesn't enforce the LL camper law. NJ on the other hand does. I really wish PA would enforce it. Traffic would move so much smoother. You'll always get the occasional driver that doesn't look before changing lanes. I try not to ride next to a car on the highway except to pass quickly. I've driven in some bad places (Puerto Rico was the worst place for drivers) and have always been defensive though. Cars would intentionally nudge you if you didn't move and no one would let you into traffic. You have to nose out and hope they're paying attention. Once you block traffic you can pull out. My dad wouldn't drive while him and my mom visited me and he hates to be a passenger. He wouldn't drive in Scotland either though. LOL! Best drivers I've ever seen by far. Mandatory driving school to get your license.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Lol!! Maryland has a mandatory driving school law. I spent about 15 months on my permit since i didnt have time to go to class, went to class and taught the teacher. My dad is a paramedic and routinely takes EVOC, Emergency Vehicle Operators Course, and taught me how to properly operate a car. I also took a class that police officers give students tips and tricks to handle a car in an emergency. I am not a pro driver but behind a wheel i could say i am above average. Its stupid how i taught the teachers something and they taught me nothing... I learnt more in the MSF class...

In maryland, we do have bad driver, but imagine them texting at the same time... :rant: At stop lights, i have gotten peoples attention to not text. Its ridiculous. I need to get my own exhaust. Likely going with marthy DIY when i can get dah molah.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

RyanChristenson

Conrgats to you guys for trying to be good neighbors and not pissing everyone off. Too many people are all about Me now a days.

I am the only person on this forum who likes the quiet "stealth mode" of our bike :)

I do like how quiet it is. At the same time I want to be noticed on the road too so it could stand to be louder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RocketRyder510

Which is the best map for "airbox mod (w/K&N air filter) + stock exhaust", and later next week, "airbox mod (K&N) + TB exhaust"?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

RocketRyder510

Advgear revB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
I forgot to mention that I have a Juicebox. Your webpage says that the Advgear revB needs a speed sensor. I don't think the JB has a SS.

Thanks for the response! BTW, I appreciate what you have done for the 6R community!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rumpig

Bought Marthy's DYI Danmoto and fitted it up and love the sound, idle sounds wicked and pulls thru the mid range better.