Looking at the 6R for long distance touring

Gman10mm

Here's a pic of my Versys loaded for two on a 5 day trip, loaded for two people.
image.jpg
Shouldn't be to hard to pack for just me.

Gman10mm

Now now, don't think anyone would believe that. Isn't your bike white? ;)

Damn it! I forgot about that :)

I would be really nervous about carrying a gun across several states as they all have such different laws. Id at least make sure of them before I went. Im pretty sure here you have to have the Amo seperate from the pistol or some stupid crap. Unless your going into Texas in which case anything goes lol.
It's legal for me. Covered under HB 218 LEOSA

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

2wheelie

The DB screen is not much better than the stock. I tried all kind and no screen is too good for this bike, cas unlike the ADV and touring ones its front is lower. But it's not a major thing and you can deal with some wind here nad there.

Kungfunate

+1 for the windscreen upgrade, seat, and +1 sprocket up front.

I'm running the Cee Bailey's 18" touring windscreen. I like it. It keeps the wind off of everything below my helmet.

I agree with others here, the stock seat is uncomfortable for more than 1 hour of riding. The Airhawk is a good inexpensive option I've used on longer rides.

The +1 front sprocket helps a lot to keep the motor happy at freeway speeds.

I use the Crampbuster to help save from throttle hand/wrist fatigue, seems to work pretty well.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

kromp

I've owned my FZ6R for about a year, and it's definitely not a bad bike especially for street riding where it's smooth as butter. But... the engine has a little bit of a buzz to it around 6,000rpm that isn't particularly comfortable, and that's about where you'll be while doing highway speeds. Some other people suggested changing the gearing or sprockets around, and that might work, but I think you'd probably be better off looking at something with a little more power to it. FZ8, FZ1, Bandit 1250, etc. Those bikes practically idle at highway speeds.

Y

yellowfz

1334, just do weight shifting and do some high speed stretching (standing up on pegs) not a problem at all, I found that underwear makes a difference, 100% cotton is the best, better than the water wicking so called materials and of course being able to shift weight around on seat and change riding position is a must I use my left hand to relive my right hand on the throttle or to just change position, you can also freak people out that you use your right hand to wave at them. :eek: