Long-term review Cee Bailey and Marthy's

ngengs

Hi all,

For those who switched to a Cee Bailey windscreen, can you provide your long-term review of it? Is is better or worse now that you've had a longer time using it? Would you change to something else, if so which one?

I am thinking of getting it but, still debating. I am 5'10", commute about 61 miles roundtrip, about 30% of it is interstate highway.

Also, I've read real favorable reviews about Marthy's 22" screen. Those who have them, mind posting some pix?

Marthy, do you still make them? Can you PM me on how to order, how much and payment methods. Thanks again!

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

sammy56

Hi all,

For those who switched to a Cee Bailey windscreen, can you provide your long-term review of it? Is is better or worse now that you've had a longer time using it? Would you change to something else, if so which one?

I am thinking of getting it but, still debating. I am 5'10", commute about 61 miles roundtrip, about 30% of it is interstate highway.

Also, I've read real favorable reviews about Marthy's 22" screen. Those who have them, mind posting some pix?

Marthy, do you still make them? Can you PM me on how to order, how much and payment methods. Thanks again!

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
I had the CB on my bike for about one year, but took it off last fall. I was never happy with the buffeting even though it was not overly so....just any buffeting bothers me (as it turns out).
This is only my second bike and I have been riding for four years. My riding position finally improved (last fall) and is far more "sporty" than ever. With proper posture and a slightly more aggressive stance on the bike, I find no need for the taller screen anymore. That being said, there are some additional options available these days including one or two from Twisted Throttle if you desire.

Good luck.

LB

High Park

You could try the Madstad screen and mounts. There is an older thread on this. It is a bit pricier.

I replaced the stock with it and have had it on for 1-2 thousand km, including a fair bit of highway riding. It looks a bit odd - quite a big screen. As advertised, it really cut the buffetting, especially at the higher position. Because of the windflow around the mounts, I don't find cross-winds a problem either. Cuts the rain too. You can sit with a nice straight back and not get bounced around.

My impression is that, contrary to the ads which say it cuts noise, the noise is either the same or worse. I don't have a high end helmet though (HJC).

As far as positioning goes, I am around 5/8, and have the brackets at their maximum height, at close to 90 degrees. If you rake the angle some more with the mounts, it might have different/better effects, but I haven't had much chance to play with it.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bobski

I had the CB on my bike for about one year, but took it off last fall. I was never happy with the buffeting even though it was not overly so....just any buffeting bothers me (as it turns out).
This is only my second bike and I have been riding for four years. My riding position finally improved (last fall) and is far more "sporty" than ever. With proper posture and a slightly more aggressive stance on the bike, I find no need for the taller screen anymore. That being said, there are some additional options available these days including one or two from Twisted Throttle if you desire.

Good luck.

LB
Anyone know if the MRA clamp-on laminar lip shown on Twisted Throttle fits well on the Yamaha OEM double bubble screen? I really like the doubble bubble for around town and it's ok on the freeway too, but for longer trips I'd still like more wind/buffeting protection on the highway. I keep hearing that the add-on lips seem to work pretty good and I'd like the ability to easily add the lip for the highway or remove it for around town (best of both worlds so to speak). Any/all input greatly appreciated. Cheers guys . . and gals :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member