Left fairing attach - what am i missing.

lvennard

I am the second owner of my bike, first owner told me the fairing was loose. After i got it home, i realized it wasnt as easy as just putting it back on. Im not sure if something is missing or if im just having trouble getting it.

Ive searched other articles, even the "how to change oil" article for pictures of how the fairing should be. The other articles all either have the fairing off already, or the pictures are missing. The owners manual basically says to "remove the bolts", so its not much help here.

Does the bracket go behind the plate on the bike? what holds it secure? I only have a bracket and a screw, is there more? This is for the closest bracket to the seat, left side fairing.

Attachments

Forean

There is a little rubber gromet and a little plastic/metal circle that goes inbetween to help tighten it. I'm beyond furious with my bike with this problem. Ive had the bike less than a week and ive lost the same screw on BOTH sides.. when I lost the first one I tightened them so hard that I couldn't move them and still it falls out..

I am not sure were to even buy this screw, along with the little rubber insert, but hopefully that sheds some light on to what it is.

EDIT :

Looking at your picture it looks like you're missing whatever WAS attached to the bracket.. You might want to take it into a shop and see if they can find something that will work on the other side..

EDIT :

2013 Yamaha FZ6R Bolt Motorcycle Hardware Hardware - Motorcycle Superstore

Bolts and stuff.

Last edited:

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

lvennard

Thanks Guys! So, it looks like im just missing one bolt. It holds the bracket to the bike. Im assuming there is a mounted nut permanently attached on the bike side so the bolt can lock down. (im at work at the moment and can't check)

My guess is that the bracket is fully visible with the fairing off as well.

Again, much appreciated!