Lane Splitting - Cali style

Roaddawg

As I watch that video I think to myself does his speedometer say "IDIOT"? I'm not a lane splitter as it's not legal here...that I'm aware of. I can see how it can be extremely advantageous...from an outsider peering in I can say this, HE'S OUT OF HIS GOURD!! Just don't hurt yourself guys.

*edit* Confirmed. Not legal in OK...at all...under any circumstance...
I believe CA is the only place its legal.

mfischler

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Spunky99

F@@king Idiot!!!!! You guys think we're crazy for lane splitting, that's just insane. You Tube really needs to start pulling shit like that off. It does nothing but inspire other morons to try and copy them.
This could easily have been a "One Shot Deal"...playing Russian Roulette on the streets...

Stephenfz6r

This could easily have been a "One Shot Deal"...playing Russian Roulette on the streets...
The difference here is that there are no empty chambers on the gun.:eek:

b_who

I'm from and live in cali and the main reason why lane splitting is legal is because California has a ton of Harley's which need the open air or they can possibly over-heat in sum of the traffic around here or at least thats what i was told from a family friend who's California Highway Patrol (CHP) but the #1 reason is because the chp motorcorp wants to be able to :p IMO

BUT a lot of people take advantage of it and abuse as you saw in the vid haha.

Detrich

hahahaha... Adam Carolla's rant is funny... :)

Roaddawg

Here's a quick lane split I did yesterday....the safe way.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpanrsQ7Two"]YouTube - Safe splitting[/ame]

Last edited:

b_who

Here's a quick lane split I did yesterday....the safe way.

YouTube - Safe splitting
i had a lady do that to me today (try to block me):mad: she literally took up both lanes:eek: so i just went into her lane and around her idk why ppl do that their asking for another accident...i still cant believe people actually do that what do they gain from it :don'tknow:

Detrich

here's my lane splitting rant from this weekend- from someone splitting me!

i was practicing turns yesterday around the Rose Bowl- since they have a ton of roads that lead into the stadium in various inclines and turns. one of the more challenging ones is at the northwest corner and starts at a stop sign, faces north, does and hairpin turn west then south, and spirals ascending up, ending on another stop sign at about i'd guess a 20 degree incline- ie enough to be intimidating if you haven't practiced starting on a "full" incline. so, it's great practice both going down it and going up it.

anyways, one time on the way down a black range rover came up behind me out of nowhere. i came to a full at the stop at the bottom stop sign in the center of the lane and was already signaled to turn left beginning to launch. well, the a hole mother f'er basically drove up inches left to me (splitting a single lane?), california roll stopped, and just turned left right/ cut me off right as i was starting to take off.

now, i know it was a weekend, and it's maybe overkill to full stop at every stop sign. but, when the vehicle in front of u is doing a full stop and following the road signs -and- a motorcycle, shouldn't u at least show some common courtesy? i mean, how much time did he freaking save doing that anyways- like 30 seconds? i was really pissed off, because even when i drive i never do s*t like that...

ok that's my CA lane splitting rant for this week.

Roaddawg

here's my lane splitting rant from this weekend- from someone splitting me!

i was practicing turns yesterday around the Rose Bowl- since they have a ton of roads that lead into the stadium in various inclines and turns. one of the more challenging ones is at the northwest corner and starts at a stop sign, faces north, does and hairpin turn west then south, and spirals ascending up, ending on another stop sign at about i'd guess a 20 degree incline- ie enough to be intimidating if you haven't practiced starting on a "full" incline. so, it's great practice both going down it and going up it.

anyways, one time on the way down a black range rover came up behind me out of nowhere. i came to a full at the stop at the bottom stop sign in the center of the lane and was already signaled to turn left beginning to launch. well, the a hole mother f'er basically drove up inches left to me (splitting a single lane?), california roll stopped, and just turned left right/ cut me off right as i was starting to take off.

now, i know it was a weekend, and it's maybe overkill to full stop at every stop sign. but, when the vehicle in front of u is doing a full stop and following the road signs -and- a motorcycle, shouldn't u at least show some common courtesy? i mean, how much time did he freaking save doing that anyways- like 30 seconds? i was really pissed off, because even when i drive i never do s*t like that...

ok that's my CA lane splitting rant for this week.
He was in a Range Rover....they don't have to follow the rules. Didn't you know that?:D:D This also applies to BMW and Mercedes drivers...especially middle aged white women! :D:D Sorry if I offended anyone...these are just well know facts.

Detrich

lol... hey, i drive a bimmer and i don't do that s*t!

but, then again, i'm not a middle-aged white woman... hahahaha