Kawasaki Versys 650

nesnfred

I traded my 2014 FZ6R for a 2017 new Versys 650. Go for the newer 650, I believe 2016 is the new gen...bigger body, it’s a little larger than the older ones. It’s a better all around bike, especially for longer rides. Get a Seat Concepts seat kit, I had one on my FZ6R too. I’m 6.3 and 205...so the FZ6R was smaller for me. I miss the refinement of the Yamaha inline 4 but that grunt of the Versys 650 is definitely more powerful. I took off the hand guards, they created helmet buffeting. I added a top case and small wind deflector to the stock wind screen. I put spools on it for the rear paddock stand and I think it’s the perfect all around bike this price point. Check out Zack’s review on YouTube, Revzilla channel, he used to be MC Commute...he gives it high praise!

Zoso

I traded my 2014 FZ6R for a 2017 new Versys 650. Go for the newer 650, I believe 2016 is the new gen...bigger body, it’s a little larger than the older ones. It’s a better all around bike, especially for longer rides. Get a Seat Concepts seat kit, I had one on my FZ6R too. I’m 6.3 and 205...so the FZ6R was smaller for me. I miss the refinement of the Yamaha inline 4 but that grunt of the Versys 650 is definitely more powerful. I took off the hand guards, they created helmet buffeting. I added a top case and small wind deflector to the stock wind screen. I put spools on it for the rear paddock stand and I think it’s the perfect all around bike this price point. Check out Zack’s review on YouTube, Revzilla channel, he used to be MC Commute...he gives it high praise!
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I've seen the Zach reviews. It has definitely received praise. I like the touring dimension it adds, but...
I really doubt that it has the high-end punch of the 6r when you rev it hard. I also am not a fan of the "sit up and beg" riding position. I like a sport lean. And the silky-smooth motor of the 6r....doubtful the Versys has that going for it.