Just bought a 2010 FZ6R!

aoz

Hi everyone,

My name's Aaron. And I just shelled out a boatload on this bike, 0 buyer's remorse at the moment!

It was a hard decision to make because it was more than I wanted to spend but I got a screaming deal at the dealership I basically couldn't say no to. It was the color (the girl version, didn't realize it was pink trim, gotta do something about the decals lol), the seating (love the upright riding), and the style of bike I was looking for. Didn't think I could do any better.

So now I'm just looking to get some time with the thing! I rode around last night, filled it up with primo (I used 94 octane, is that high enough?) and just enjoyed the night air. Was very awesome!!

I'll post pics if/when I get any.

krytenx

Congratulations! I just brought mine home today. Same story: white, 2010, more than I originally wanted to spend but still got a deal. I peeled off the stickers as soon as I got home. They came off pretty easily but I had to use some rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth to get a lot of the glue residue off.

Spunky99

That Coleman's white gas for the camping stoves works great for removing the stickers and clean up.

aoz

Congratulations! I just brought mine home today. Same story: white, 2010, more than I originally wanted to spend but still got a deal. I peeled off the stickers as soon as I got home. They came off pretty easily but I had to use some rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth to get a lot of the glue residue off.
Oh wow, I was going to ask someone how to get them off without leaving a crapton of glue. This sounds like a good idea. Where do you find a microfiber cloth?

M76

Congrats! The fairing decals are removable, but the tank decals are under the clearcoat. I did see that another member added tank protectors or decals (forgot which ones) to cover up the pink stickers on the tank. Do a search on the forum and you'll find it.

krytenx

Oh wow, I was going to ask someone how to get them off without leaving a crapton of glue. This sounds like a good idea. Where do you find a microfiber cloth?
Any place that sells automotive cleaning supplies. I also bought a bunch from Amazon.

FZ6RJIM

When i got mine i waited a while to take the lower stars off of my bike. i just used goo gone and that took it right off. even the sticker on the tank came off.

and congrats on joining the club!

aoz

Congrats! The fairing decals are removable, but the tank decals are under the clearcoat. I did see that another member added tank protectors or decals (forgot which ones) to cover up the pink stickers on the tank. Do a search on the forum and you'll find it.
I don't think the 2010 model has anything on the tank? I thought this was strictly for the 2009 white fz6r.