If you were taking this trip...

Jay S.

"Ain't no beer in Murphy" (NC) is what the desk clerk told my wife and I after we checked in after a long day in the saddle.

So govern your self accordingly.
My house in Alabama is in a dry county, so I know exactly how that feels. Thanks for the heads up in Murphy. I will plan accordingly!

:thumbup:

Jay S.

Got a trial ride in with my new gear that Santa brought me. New double bubble windshield, old-man beaded seat cover and riding pants with liner. The pants were awesome considering it was 40 degrees when I left. I did 300 miles today and the new windscreen is worth every freakin penny! I loved it. The wind is going right over my helmet now (I'm 5'9"). I'm still undecided on the beaded seat cover.

Last edited:

rjohnson5481

Jay,
If you decide to go to Gulf Breeze... Go to Destin at least drive through. Gulf Breeze, if you haven't been there is on the out skirts of the " fishing village".
Spring will be the perfect time to go over to Okaloosa Island And Destin, it'll add about 45 mins but the few is amazing.

I attached a picture, it's looking from destin to Okaloosa Island.

Attachments

Jay S.

Jay,
If you decide to go to Gulf Breeze... Go to Destin at least drive through. Gulf Breeze, if you haven't been there is on the out skirts of the " fishing village".
Spring will be the perfect time to go over to Okaloosa Island And Destin, it'll add about 45 mins but the few is amazing.

I attached a picture, it's looking from destin to Okaloosa Island.
Now that looks worthy of a detour. Beautiful! Thanks for the tip and picture.

:thumbup:

rjohnson5481

i'm about a month late...

I was lucky enough to grow up there.
I remember the thoughts of wanting to go somewhere else. Now it seems like paradise, i love Arizona but that place will always be home.

Good Luck on your trip in May, I'm looking forward to reading about it.

arkkornkid

Memphis is home to Graceland and The Memphis Belle, and Beale Street.
Unfortunately, the Memphis Belle is undergoing restoration and is not in Memphis, at least for a few more years I believe

Beale Street is cool as long as you don't stay out too late, you're just asking for trouble if you do.... it's not like it was a decade ago. The month of May is an exception because of the MIM festival: Memphis In May International Festival 2012: Salute the Philippines

Couldn't tell you about Graceland. I've lived here all my life and never been, I have that "It ain't going anywhere" mentality.

Now if you want to know where to eat (especially BBQ), I can point you in the right direction.

And if you're looking to check out Arkansas, Hot Springs is probably the best thing going. And from what I've heard, the Boston Mountains Loop makes for a great ride: Boston Loop - Boston Mountain Range - Arkansas Scenic Drive I was suppose to make a trip when I had my s2k but didn't get the chance. It's up in the far NW corner around the UofA.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member