if this doesn't make you think!!!

C

christod1

I could not watch that till the end. Scared me too much. I stopped riding for 7 years because of the things we saw on the video...stay safe to all.

S

steveindenmark

Its a good time of the year to post it. Just before most of us get our bikes out for the season.

Just before you get on your bike each time, try to remember this video.

Ride safe this year,

Steve

D

davidsa1

Wow! I use to take my daughter for a ride I had all the gear for her but after getting hit by a car she will never ride on it again.

H

HavBlue

Wow! I use to take my daughter for a ride I had all the gear for her but after getting hit by a car she will never ride on it again.

Whoa, don't leave it there, what happened that keeps her from riding after the accident?

B

blubullit

I may not sleep for a week after seeing that. So many sad scenes all together.
I am truly rattled after seeing that video.
Also, thankyou thread starter for posting that, I, (admittedly a beginner) needed to see that.

L

Lewy

That's just the problem to many car drivers that don't give a **** about anyone else around them.

I have been the victim of a car pulling out in front of me i hit him in the drivers door at 80kmh and i can tell u it hurt like hell i didn't get back on a bike for about 4 years

That video brang back some BAD memories u just have to ride for everyone else (the ones in cars that is)

Lewy

D

davidsa1

Whoa, don't leave it there, what happened that keeps her from riding after the accident?
I guess I worded that wrong I was hit by a car she was not on the bike. I just could not take the risk of something like that happening with her on the bike.

L

Logan_YamahaFZ6

I'm only 17, and have been on the road for over 2 years, but everytime i see videos like that it really makes even a young crazy teen like myself think twice about what could happen. Like the saying goes, there are riders that have been down, and riders that will go down. Lets just try to keep those falls to the parking lots.

D

davidsa1

Lame. More anti bike propaganda... The low point was the insertion of the racing footage... :mad::rant:
I don't think its lame or anti bike, i dont think they should have put the racing footage in it. I do think it's a good thing for people to see, kinda makes you think and be more aware of your surroundings.

C

Combat

Videos like this remind me of why I don't want my girl on the back of mine.

W

Whitey Dodge

you obviously didn't get the message.
What message would that be? I do not need a shock video to make me aware of the dangers involved in riding a motorcycle.

I wonder if people who participate in the sport of base jumping watch videos similar to this telling them of the potential danger?

J

jsteinb95

What message would that be? I do not need a shock video to make me aware of the dangers involved in riding a motorcycle.

I wonder if people who participate in the sport of base jumping watch videos similar to this telling them of the potential danger?
The reason that the video was posted, was NOT to show you the inherit risks of being a motorcyclist. The video was a visual reminder of what can happen if unthought out, rash decisions are made. Notice the second half of the video; the blind dip, the tractor and the way the video ends with the rider returning safely home. The purpose of this was to think before you act and be aware of your surroundings. This is a pro motorcycle video, the only propaganda being displayed here is to ride safely because, unlike in the video, every potential hazard in the road is not going to be posted on the back of a bus.

W

Whitey Dodge

The reason that the video was posted, was NOT to show you the inherit risks of being a motorcyclist. The video was a visual reminder of what can happen if unthought out, rash decisions are made. Notice the second half of the video; the blind dip, the tractor and the way the video ends with the rider returning safely home. The purpose of this was to think before you act and be aware of your surroundings. This is a pro motorcycle video, the only propaganda being displayed here is to ride safely because, unlike in the video, every potential hazard in the road is not going to be posted on the back of a bus.
I am very aware of my surroundings and I always think before I act. Like I said, I do not need a shock video to be reminded of this.

J

jsteinb95

I am very aware of my surroundings and I always think before I act. Like I said, I do not need a shock video to be reminded of this.
I am glad to hear that. Maybe this video doesn't pertain to you, but a new rider, it does.

W

Whitey Dodge

I am glad to hear that. Maybe this video doesn't pertain to you, but a new rider, it does.
We will have to agree to disagree. If this video has point to tell, it took far too long to make it. As the saying goes, "Never say in ten words, what you can say in two..."

I am sure there are better safety videos to watch than this piece...

D

davidsa1

We will have to agree to disagree. If this video has point to tell, it took far too long to make it. As the saying goes, "Never say in ten words, what you can say in two..."

I am sure there are better safety videos to watch than this piece...
As a member of the I Was Hit By A Dumb A$$ In A Car, I think the video made its point and that is watch out for others because they are not watching out for you. If this video helps just one person then it is well worth it.