I want to get the bike to NJ from Fl

See red

OMG!!!!! It is like a harley thing.... tow it there and ride it around! I'm telling you, my dad has "wanted" to tour for 15 years. He was always buying stuff to prep for it andnever actually DID it. You can drive 45 miles per hour and clear 1000 miles in 24 hours.

My wife and I started to baby step him for the first time this year. He is slow, wants to spend an hour at every pit and is more nervouse every mile away from home. We are goiing to circle lake Michigan in a few weeks. From Chicago around through Michigan up the coast line on the tunnel of trees road, then cross the ferry, coming back through the U.P. and Wisconsin.

Just think of the memories you will cherish. Also think about it, you may break the ice, fall in love with the open road, and make it happen more and farther each trip.

The distance isn't that far, the roads aren't the problem, it's usually personal dought and fear. It's ok, everyone goes through it at least once. Go for it!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

oldtouring b

Check the weather channel..

It looks like the NE is in for more rain and flooding. The possible hurricanes are multiplying like cats:(

Why not do a ride report in the future of the Georgia mountains and the Gap. Send a link to your friends. Much easier.

cavcuz05

Plus if you do 800mi+ you become a member of the iron butt club...i rode from Nebraska to PA. Wasnt to bad seeing as i was on the PA and ohio Toll roads

See red

That is actually 1000 miles not 800. However, do a 1k and in the morning do another 500 and you can get both Iron butt and the butt burner at the same time.

If you do 1500 in one 24 hour period you can get the gold.

It's kind of strange as you have actual rules. You might want to check the site for the officials. I never actually registered and turned in the receipts. It will cost you 45 dollars for the pin, a peice of paper, and a liscense plate holder. It is kind of goofy.

Just know you did it.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member