I Want To Come Back!

R

ranieri

Hello
This is my first post on this forum.
I had an 04 Fazer for 3 years and sold it for an Aprilia Shiver which although great when it goes has been a nightmare from day one.
Anyway I have come to miss the comfort and versatility of my Fazer(I often ended up at the sea side on the way home from work)and am now looking to part-ex on an 08 Fazer losing a lot of money.
The only complaint I had on my one was throttle sensor problems .
Do these still happen?:rockon:

S

simonwb

The only complaint I had on my one was throttle sensor problems . Do these still happen?:rockon:
Not sure how throttle sensor problems would manifest themselves :confused: but can't fault my 08 Fazer (7.5k mi). Just been riding a total of 6 hours today, half on B roads, half on dual carriageway, didn't miss a beat :Flash:

F

FZ1inNH

08 has no more issues with the TPS or FI systems. Good to go!

Sorry to hear about the Shiver but kind of glad in a way that you posted this. I sold my 05 FZ6 with the intentions of getting the shiver and changed my mind at the last minute and got the 08 FZ6. Now I am very glad I made that decision! Thanks!

C

CrazyBiker

What bad with the Aprilia? They makes some great bikes but depreciation sucks balls on them

D

Denver_FZ6

Bought a used '07 last spring and has been trouble free to date.

I'll add that I've been lurking on some Triumph Sprint forums and noticed how many folks post asking about reliability. It wasn't until a while later I realized the lack of those posts here. Other than a few TPS issues on some earlier models, I would say the FZ6 has been boringly reliable and no one really speaks much of it. :rockon:

reiobard

love my 07, only problem i find is that i don't want to stop riding...

I love the looks of the shiver, but good to know that they are a nightmare to own.

What issues do you have with the aprilla?

N

Norm

Bought a used '07 last spring and has been trouble free to date.

I'll add that I've been lurking on some Triumph Sprint forums and noticed how many folks post asking about reliability. It wasn't until a while later I realized the lack of those posts here. Other than a few TPS issues on some earlier models, I would say the FZ6 has been boringly reliable and no one really speaks much of it. :rockon:
X2; I heard about the FZ6 being bulletproof and after 5400 miles on my '08 in 7 months I love it more every day. Welcome back into the fold.

C

Crotalus

Just north of 7k (miles)on my bike, and it's bulletproof reliable. Needs tire though....

X

xj750_Pete

The new FZ6's seem to hold up pretty well. The only problem I had with mines was with a rock getting stuck in the radiator fan. I read that others had trouble with the bearings in the steering, but that can be easily remedied with a purchase of aftermarket bearings. The FZ6 is an excellent motorcycle.

Wolfman

What bad with the Aprilia? They makes some great bikes but depreciation sucks balls on them
+1 on what was the trouble with the Aprillia...i thought the made great bikes???

R

ranieri

+1 on what was the trouble with the Aprillia...i thought the made great bikes???
Sorry I didnt get back to you earlier.
The Shiver has problems with the starter motor sticking and burning out ,speedo sensor overheating on long journeys and leaving you blank,both brake and clutch fluid reservoirs constantly leak,clips on the clutch levers failing,intermitant stalling,false neutrals,service warning lights coming on for no reason and serious brake judder under heavy braking.
Despite this I know people on the AF1 racing forum who have had no problems at all so it seems if you get a bad one youre in trouble.
I had my one a year and at least two months it was off the road untill last time the dealer totaled it while test driving it(I kid you not).
Obviously this put me in a strong position to part ex and I now own an ocean blue 08 Fazer.
Done Gantz headlight conversion,R&G crashbungs are on,Scorpions will be fitted after 600 mile service and bellypan is on order.
The S2 is a big improvement and Im really loving being back on my Fazer.
It seems s too quiet though especially as the Shiver has got to be the loudest stock bike on the road (beautiful v twin note).
If youre wondering why the Fazer is so low mileage it was regd 10 months ago but has never been used.:thumbup:

R

ranieri

Hello
This is my first post on this forum.
I had an 04 Fazer for 3 years and sold it for an Aprilia Shiver which although great when it goes has been a nightmare from day one.
Anyway I have come to miss the comfort and versatility of my Fazer(I often ended up at the sea side on the way home from work)and am now looking to part-ex on an 08 Fazer losing a lot of money.
The only complaint I had on my one was throttle sensor problems .
Do these still happen?:rockon:
Sorry Ive just realized Im in the wrong forum ,they should call it the Diversion like in the UK!