I think a scammer tried to buy my bike today

Pvee

I posted it on cycle trader today, and received a text from some guy shortly after.

I replied with some info and ask him to call me.
His next text said, the price is fine, do you accept paypal.

I said yes, call me for some details.

Next text ask for my Paypal address and he said he would include 500
more for me to arrange shipping.

So I said, I only want the sale price, you have to arrange for your
shipping but I am not doing anything till you call me.

He sent me the same txt again asking for my paypal address. I
responded.... NO..!!

Have not heard from him since.... lol

His area code was California, I'm in Ohio.....

Nmexico

This has happened to me 3 times in the past month trying to sell my bicycle on Craiglist. Do not give out any info such as address, bank info, Paypal address.

Or just text back if you are truly upset include your hot wife in the deal. :p

Pvee

I got another one a couple hours later.
Soon as I say I am not doing anything till we talk, I don't hear from them again..

I remade he ad and took the phone number off so they have to contact me via the ad/email now.

I also ran into that when I tried to sell some guitars on Craigslist even though I stated, face to face cash only.

Due to the medical issue I mentioned earlier I am selling my white fz6r.
I rode for 50 years so I guess I can quit now,...lol

pvp

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member
Definitely a scam.

Almost got jacked in real life buying/selling craigslist too. Let people know where you are going an "If you don't hear from me by..... call the cops." Always bring a buddy, and ALWAYS have something to defend yourself!

My cousin got his wallet and car taken going to buy a $200 flat screen. Watch yourself.
In this area, i generally avoid using CL for this reason. If you sell, meet in a public place. Never at home or anything that can trace them to you and accept/pay in cash but check out the merch. first then go to the bank to get the cash. Tips a few friends told me over the years.

latony007

Definitely a scam, had it come up numerous times trying to buy and sell bikes. I dont think its a reason to abandon either Craigslist of cycletrader but if the deal is not made in person dont do it.