I highsided

Reaver

:( Got it on video though. I know shameless plug but figured some of you guys/gals might want to see how not to corner lol

Be advised there are some swear words in the video. So if you have children around don't watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA33rIzWfi0&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z12gcvnbhqjhfdjkc22dgl3ygke5yr00s

*UPDATE*
Total replacement comes to $4,200
To get her back in safe riding order is $1,800 the $1,800 includes a valve adjustment and new rear brakes. The only thing that would have been catastrophic was my triple tree was bent. Everything else was cosmetic and I'll replace over time.
Fearings =Death
gear lever = Death
Magneto Cover = Death
Lower Triple Tree = Death ( Catastrophic )
Carry handle/Handhold = Death

I'll be back on the road with a battle hardened Serenity by Wednesday/ Thursday only because they don't have the parts on hand.

Yeah, its a lot of money but I'm glad that's all that came out of this. Ride safe. RvR

Last edited:

aburnett

Glad you are okay and were wearing some gear!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

lytehouse

Super Moderator
You cracked me up...."F" my bleeding arm, how's my bike?
Seriously though, glad you weren't hurt too bad.

Reaver

Glad you're alive! Despite all the damage to your gear it looks like your body didn't get messed up too bad. Maybe I missed it, were you wearing a jacket?
Thats the sign of a true biker.....
You cracked me up...."F" my bleeding arm, how's my bike?
Seriously though, glad you weren't hurt too bad.
Thank you all for your kind words. Trust me I'm happy to be here still as well.
I think I faired really well on this one. Light bruising and some scrapes. No broken bones and I'm alive. I was indeed wearing a jacket.
I'm looking into getting some better gear though gloves especially. The knuckle on my thumb doesn't look to bad from the picture but it's pretty deep.

Thanks for watching the vid guys/gals.

Mr.t I subbed up for you. I'm curious about that fz in your video. Off to watch it now
RvR

Last edited:

ChazSegrest

i lowsided sometime in this past November, as i was sliding/rolling on the pavement the only thing i was thinking/saying was "nooooo my bike!!!" i quickly got up and ran over to it not even realizing that my knee was bleeding pretty badly lol, luckily i was wearing decent gloves and a riding jacket but the pavement + bike tore right through the jeans and sweatpants i was wearing, i have a nice little scare to remember that by haha

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Nmexico

So here is my take, the rear looses traction. Rider feels it but the front is off the ground. Rider should have turned handlebars to the right but not enough time to correct it.

?? Am I wrong in the access?

Reaver

So here is my take, the rear looses traction. Rider feels it but the front is off the ground. Rider should have turned handlebars to the right but not enough time to correct it.

?? Am I wrong in the access?
You are 100% correct.
Took me a lot of times watching that video to figure it out. My dad was actually the one who told me what happened and he didn't even get to the slow mo. Granted he has 100's of thousands of miles and a missing ( Then replaced ) right leg so. The experience is there on that one. When he said exactly what you said I seen it and I agree entirely.

The OP has been updated BTW ladies and gents.
Got really lucky.
RvR

brownwa

Glad you're alright. ATGATT. You've reaffirmed my faith in that.

Btw the video, especially the slowmo recaps is awesome. Not to make light of a tragedy but actually seeing it broken down like that is fascinating. The GoPro camera popping off and tumbling makes the crash seem more dramatic than I'm guessing it was.

Stay safe. Bikes can be replaced.

F*** I can't believe a white line did that in dry weather. That's my take away from this, to stay away from those suckers.

brownwa

You are 100% correct.
Took me a lot of times watching that video to figure it out. My dad was actually the one who told me what happened and he didn't even get to the slow mo. Granted he has 100's of thousands of miles and a missing ( Then replaced ) right leg so. The experience is there on that one. When he said exactly what you said I seen it and I agree entirely.

The OP has been updated BTW ladies and gents.
Got really lucky.
RvR
Man I just watched this youtube video of high side near misses and you need to have the reaction speed of a cat... or be lucky...

Reaver

mike

MAN. That will turn a good day bad real quick. Glad to here your ok. Now get her fixed up and get back out there..:D