SpawnXX

Premium Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last session of my first weekend racing, got annoyed that I was dragging my feet really bad on the track and decided to try and adjust my right foot.

Idiot me decided to attempt this adjustment as I was tipping into the hairpin. Right foot slipped off my rearset and stomped my rear brake instead.

Cue huge highside and star jump off my bike. Thank god for full leathers and a tough kwaka racebike! Bit of fibreglassing and he'll be back on track soon ;)

The FZ6R went down when, like someone else already posted, I tried to do a tight u-turn up a hill. Scrawny girl vs heavy bike didn't work well for me there! It was so slow there wasnt any real damage though. Happened in my first month of riding though so I was pretty annoyed!

I've only just got back on the bike after a big stack, front end folded really hard and sent us both down the road at a fair pace. Apparently there was oil on the road just when I hit the brakes. I didn't see it at all :(

Once again frame sliders saved the bike, and gear saved me. Insurance covered new fairings etc. took a bit longer for me to heal but im back now, albeit with some interesting scars.

Its all a learning experience thats for sure!

SpawnXX

Premium Member
Got back on for my first long ride the other day, was out for 3 hours and couldn't wipe the smile off my face!! :)

Auricom22

First time out on the bike, easy loop around the main road. Had pulled off on the shoulder as it ran really rough for a minute. Made sure everything was ok, walked her forward onto the hardtop and started to go...and as the bike (and I) promptly went horizontal realized I hadn't scooted far enough forward and the rear tire was still sitting in the loose gravel. Down we went, scratched the hell out of the right mirror and front fairing on some stones. Was. Not. Happy.

Oh, and the sliders, which had been delayed in shipping, arrived the next day.

Maadi

Gracie feels violated

First time I dropped the FZ6R... is today. We went to an empty sand free parking lot to practice our slow turns and quick stops, and after gaining some confidence on difficult-for-me right turns I tried to experiment with my clutch/throttle control in the turn. Had the clutch pulled in a bit too much, so when I needed more speed, there was.... none. Bike dropped like a rock. :mad:
There I was, standing over a downed bike, cursing at myself. Proceeded to try to lift it back up the correct way and realized there is NO WAY I will ever be able to pick this thing off the ground by myself with my bad right knee. Fortunately my husband wasn't far away and came to help quickly.
We picked it up, and surveyed the damage. My Givi hard case got a really good scratch on it, but other than that, it was just minor cosmetic stuff. The front turn signal scratched the decal and there is some scratching on the side of the mirror (plastic), but those are not bad at all. We were contemplating whether a frame slider would have helped, but didn't think it would have in this case. The matte black fake air scoop next to the headlight on the right got popped off but we were able to push it back in.
So after we got back home my husband got the glossy black plastic off the side case and proceeded to buff it up with a headlight cleaning kit we had laying around, and it came out really well! You can see the line where the paint stops and the plastic begins, but it doesn't look bad from a distance. Good enough for practice runs... We'll order a replacement set of the glossy black parts, but I'll make sure from now on to keep this one on whenever we go out to practice... ;)
On another note, at the end of our practice day my right turns were a lot smoother and tighter than when I started and my left turns were quite "awesome", to quote my husband. Also, I found out how much rear brake I can use before it locks up the tire, and got much more comfortable with the bike in quick stops.
All in all a good day, learned a lot. And, obviously, practicing right turns was much needed by me... I think the right turns are hard for me because of my knee. I probably baby it without even realizing.
Attached: a picture of the case before the buffing and after.

Attachments

dnielson45

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

echoplex

Been riding 3 and a half months now.

Dropped my first bike (ninja 250) within 2 weeks of owning it. Was backing up into a parking spot for bikes on campus, and the street leaned down at a curve. I was crabbing back and the curve of the street made me go back too fast and it was raining, so while my wheel was turned and my bike was moving backwards, I grabbed the front brake (I didn't want to hit the bike next to mine, so I took the damage on my own bike).

Bike lost balance and started to tip over, I could've kept it up but I wasn't wearing my gloves and it was raining and I couldn't get a grip on the handlebars.

It went down on campus while everyone was walking to their next class and I could just feel the world staring at me. It was so embarrassing.

But whatever, I learned, it had to happen, and I'm glad it happened on my 250 instead of my fz6r.

Fast forward and I've had the fz6r for a little over a week now. Almost dropped it once, was running late to work and got to work, pulled into a parking spot and got off the bike, felt it lose balance, I had forgotten to put the kickstand down. But I felt something wrong pretty early, so I reacted quickly.

Thats what I have to share.

Be careful everyone!!!!! Stupid stuff happens when we least expect it.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member
lost my footing getting on my Harley 1200 Sporster and tried to keep the bike from falling on its side. Forgot the bike weighs over 500 lbs. I was luckily able to slow it down enough that I laid it down on its side purposely (No damage). Make sure you have good footing when sitting on or getting off bike. You may now face-palm and your convenience. :)

Cerebus

Fast forward and I've had the fz6r for a little over a week now. Almost dropped it once, was running late to work and got to work, pulled into a parking spot and got off the bike, felt it lose balance, I had forgotten to put the kickstand down. But I felt something wrong pretty early, so I reacted quickly.
I obsess about doing this accidentally. To help prevent it, I never use the kill switch to shut the bike off, I drop the kickstand instead. :)

echoplex

Had another close class Saturday.

Long day at work and was riding home, got to my apartment complex and opened my garage with the opener.

I was about 20 feet away, perpendicular to the garage.

......................[garage here]

^
- (me here)
-

So I had to make a right turn into the garage.

My wheel was already turned and I let out the clutch too early (incredibly noobish mistake, I don't know how I allowed that to happen). So yeah, you guys already know where this is going. As soon as I felt the bike about to stall, I immediately knew what was going to happen, I KNEW!!! I ****ING KNEWWW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! IT WAS FIGHT OR FLIGHT TIME. And I planted my feet heavily on the ground, grabbed the handlebars as tight as I could and used all 150lbs of me to keep the biking from falling over.

I let out a loud "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and just used all my strength to keep it up.

I went super saiyan, to keep my bike from falling.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member