How to install 12V outlet

Jay S.

Mod complete and port works like a charm. However...now my blinkers are flashing much faster than before. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm searching the 'net for anyone with a similar problem and I've seen some people who had the same issue after installing flush mount blinkers but claim there is no problem with the high rate of flashing...

:confused:
Disregard that as my dumbest post ever (even though it's likely not my dumbest). I figured it out...and I'm almost embarrassed to admit my mistake. Most bikes I have owned before use the blinkers as somewhat of a diagnostic tool when something is wrong in the bike electrically. Yeah, there was something wrong alright...but I corrected it.

:eek:

Alex6

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-Female-Power-081-0069-8/dp/B0041CDPQO/ref=pd_sim_auto_8"]Amazon.com: Battery Tender Female Power Port 081-0069-8: Automotive[/ame]

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Bloke

Meant to post a video up for someone about my setup, my outlet is under the seat, saved me drilling holes in fairing.

Most charger cables in fact all the ones I've used so far are long enough to plug in, feed under seat, and come out with enough length to plug into kit in my tank bag or handle bars.

That said I do have an xj6s which has a one piece touring style seat allowing the cable to exit the seat area next to the fuel tank.

Will have to remember to take a video next time I'm on the bike.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Jay S.

That would be great for leaving under your rear seat.

The reason I did mine the way I did was so I'd have an easily accessible power outlet for things mounted to my handelbars or windscreen. I can hardwire most things to my circuit bar, but there are times when I might want to charge my phone and still have it mounted to the bars or in my tankbag.
Me too, I like the accessibility of the port being on the dash, so to speak. Thanks for the tutorial NB, really helped a lot brother!

Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

lwclancers

I've had this bookmarked for a long time, and might get to this soon. I already have 4 different items attached to my battery terminals...has anyone used an Add-a-circuit on their bike? Ive used them on cars numerous times for just this purpose.

The positive lead of the add-a-circuit plugs right into a fuse opening, and then you can ground it anywhere. Figured this might be easier than hitting the battery.

Then again, finding a 12v that plugs into the Batterytender terminal would be just as easy.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

Im a little retarded when it comes to electrical....whats it look like and how do you install it? Is it sort of like a little surge protector, and you just plug it into the battery, and all the leads and grounds go into the block?

^ see :eek: Sigh.

I already have my HIDs, JBP, and Batterytender quick connect on the battery. There is no way a 4th item will fit on the battery terminals. Id rather move everything to one location than to have 3 leads going to the battery and another say going to the fuse block with an add-a-circuit.

Im asking because I want to install not just a 12v plug, but also a direct USB plug too.

latony007

this thing rocks

Guys this doesn't do the big round cord, it does anything USB and its super tiny, works great for my phone and you can easily stick it and phone under the passenger seat.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VFFQRE/ref=oh_details_o05_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: SAE to USB Adapter - Motorcycle Cell Phone Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

lwclancers

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

unit

I like that unit but its huge, you would have to have saddlebags or something for it. THe one I listed is about the size of a lighter. And how long can you have 3 things plugged direct into the battery without sucking it dry lol. Im scared to leave just my phone plugged in without it running for 15 minutes and not be able to start it while im out on some desert road

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member