How to add emergency flasher button

concuncon

The Fz6r only has a dummy button where the emergency flasher switch is supposed to be. I open the left control housing, take the dummy button out, then replace with this:
uxcell® 10 Pcs DS-211 Latching SPST Red Push Button Power Switch AC 125V 2A: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

It only has 2 terminal though, so I can only make it a pseudo-switch: when it is pressed on, left and right signal are bridged together, so then you have to push signal switch either left or right all 4 signals will be activated. When it's pressed off, signal switch operate normally. Another flaw is that it has no led indicator, so you pretty much has to feel when pressing to tell if it's being on or off.

Here I soldered 3 wires just in case I find a better switch, for now I only connect the left and right wires (reds) to the switch. If anyone can find a 3 terminal switch (make sure it's latching and not momentary) at the same size then it will act as a true press on press off emergency button.

I used a 3/8 inch drill bit and run in reverse to round out the original hole. The button then screw in perfectly (very tight). Then I solder the wires to the terminal.

Final product:

Edit: Image are too large. Here: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Somethings like this works well as a dedicated switch: uxcell® DC 12V Green LED Light 25mm Thread Dia 6 Pins DPST Push Button Switch: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
, but you'll have to run wires out of the control housing/or you can run wire from the relay under the rear seat, neither will be as clean as the little button though.

Last edited: