How Fast is Aaron Yates on the Track?

Tijeras505

It has been a while since a thread was posted on this forum so I thought I'd put something out here. I watch all motorcycle road racing, AMA Pro, World SBK and Moto GP. We have about one more month until the end of the season - bummer!

I always wondered how fast the riders are actually going at each point of the track. The announcers sometimes mention how fast they may be going on the straightaway or on a particular turn, but not very often.

I came across a video showing Aaron Yates (Michael Jordan Suzuki) doing an AMA Pro test on the Thunderbolt Course at the New Jersey Motorsports Park. I believe this took place 7/21-22 of this year. They had GPS data along with a map of the race track that shows how fast Aaron is taking each part of the course. I thought it was very informative, although, the host of the video is a little hokey.

Thursday Video: How Fast Does Aaron Yates Go At New Jersey Motorsports Park? News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

That was pretty cool to be walked through all the speeds on the straights and in the turns.

You're right, the guy doing it was just a little goofy.

This track didn't seem overly technical so I was surprised he wasn't going faster.

He acts like he is talking to a daycare or kindergarten class or something.

Back