How do you replace the head lamp bulb

stevet

I'm trying some new brighter bulbs for the FZ6R. I can see the head lamp bulb connector. What is the procedure to remove the old bulb and reinstall a new one? It sounds simple but when you try it there seems to be more to it. Once I am able to replace the bulb I'll post with my findings on brighter bulb upgrades.

MikeN02

I'm trying some new brighter bulbs for the FZ6R. I can see the head lamp bulb connector. What is the procedure to remove the old bulb and reinstall a new one? It sounds simple but when you try it there seems to be more to it. Once I am able to replace the bulb I'll post with my findings on brighter bulb upgrades.
Look into one of the HID installing guides. It's pretty simple I did it today without having to take the whole entire head unit off.

Just unplug it and you'll see three prong switch like an electrical outlet. Then remove the rubber boot, unlatch the paper clip like spring and remove the bulb.

stevet

Tested different headlamp bulbs for brightness

Thank you Mike on the remove and install procedure. They don't allow a lot of room to see but your reply helped. The really blue bulbs are dimmer but do look bluer. Dimmer really is a step backward in safety. The Sylvania/Osram bulb has only a slight blue tint and I did read a review claiming they are much brighter than stock halogens too. My findings were the stock Yamaha bulb was the brightest and the one I would use. Now I have spares. I posted this review so you wouldn't have to find out the hardest and most expensive way. Be safe.
Steve