Help with Cortech saddlebags

luv2ride

Hi everyone!

I use the Cortech saddlebags with the tail bag and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get the saddlebags to not droop so much. I appreciate any help someone can offer!!...thanks!....:)

sammy56

I too have Cortech saddle bags, but I have a bracket for my top case that helps the sag. Two schools of thought:
1) Build a simple bracket so they have something to lean against
2) Drill a hole on the inside of each bag, place a large (very large) bolt that effectively attaches the two bags together under your seat and seal the holes.
Option 1 is likely best as it makes the bags much easier to remove, but 2 is an option if you basically almost never plan on taking them off the bike.

LB

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

luv2ride

Thanks for the advice...going to definitely try option #1...seems easier! Got a weekend ride to Vermont coming up in a few weeks and would feel more secure with the support for them!...:)

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
You could take some velcro and attach it to the ends of a short section of PVC pipe. Then put the other side of the velcro on the inside of the bag at the bottom and create a bridge that keeps the bags from sagging.