HELP! - Issues with my 09

SynysterCT

Preface - 2nd owner of an 09 FZ6R, 13k miles, never any issues.

I went to start it up last week and it idled incredibly rough and died a few times while warming up. I chalked it up to being cold. I rode down to the gym which is only about 2 miles away and noticed it was still rough. Again, must just be cold.

Today it finally stopped raining so I wanted to go for a longer ride. Again, very rough idle but I let it warm all the way up hoping it would clear. It was almost like my throttle had a mind of its own out there. It would randomly kick out and sputter to the point where it was downright dangerous. I immediately turned around and came home after about 3 miles.

The best way I can describe it is a sputter. I would be rolling on the throttle and all the sudden it would kick in and out, on and off, zero to wherever I was on the spectrum of rolling on. It was incredibly jerky, especially when I started going 40-50 mph. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Non-cosmetic mods are: Two bros exhaust, Power commander & Autotune, K&N air filter, Blockoff plates.

Thanks in advance.

***UPDATE*** I'm an idiot. The battery terminal was loose.

Last edited: