Help..first time here..

ibdrillin

Hi Folks..I have a 2009 fz6r yellow and just joined the forum,..truth is, i am kind of short, and even though the seat height is pretty low ( which is why i bought it) , i would kind of like it slightly lower. I also would like a case for the back, and my handle bars raised and back slightly,,,,do I just go to the dealer and get all of this done? would i need a new kickstand? I'm lost..I have less than 1000 miles on it in 3 years but I would ride it more if i felt more comfortable on it for my size..any suggestions???
thanks
ibdrillin

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

BKP

Welcome to the forum, IB...

I don't know what your predisposition is to doing those mods yourself, but, if you don't regularly tinker, you might want to have the dealer do the lowering link.

The 'up and back' mod for the handlebars you can certainly do yourself. Take a look at Twisted Throttle (SW Motech risers) Handlebar riser barbacks & top clamps (BMW, Ducati, Gas-Gas, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM LC4, MZ, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha) - pair, 1" rise & 1" pullback - ZRX1200R & ZRX1100 ('97-'05) - Kawasaki - Shop by Bike - TwistedThrottle.com

There are also less severe risers (just 'up' in 2mm increments).

The top-case you can do yourself as well. If it's only a top-case, and not side-bags as well, it's typically just swapping out the grab bar (undo six bolts and you're done). The toughest part is picking out the vendor and capacity of the case. I went with a 33L Shad. I like the capacity, but if I had it to do over, I'd probably go with a Givi Monokey... different strokes...

Again, welcome to the forum, and enjoy the bike...

Ride safe...

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member