Hello From Florida

creggur

Just got my wife a leftover 09 FZ6R for her birthday. It replaces the 07 Ninja 250 she learned to ride on, it was time for her to get her "Big Girl Bike."

We looked at a number of bikes, Ninja 650, Ninja 500, and GS500F. We settled on the FZ6R from positive reviews, and I was sure she wouldn't outgrow the 600 inline four anytime soon. She loves the bike, and this forum has already helped as we had to lower it to accommodate her vertical challenges (Thanks!).

I was quite impressed with the bike when I rode it home from the dealership. Very comfortable, plenty of oomph, and seemed to handle quite nicely even on brand new tires. She loves the way the bike rides, though has struggle a tad with the throttle response (Ninja 250 had none) but loves how the bike rides at speed, and it much more stable in gusts than the 250...

Another bonus was the Pink and Pearl-White fare which made her even more happy. She's not too much of a forum-hound, but with all the money I've saved on my 07 VFR800 due to some great folks on VFRD - I will probably be around quite a bit learning more about her new ride.

The requisite pic...

columbus2382

congrats i love my fz6r got the yellow one about a month ago. enjoy

rockmurf

My wife picked up one a while back and totally loves it. Had her seat redone by spenser and just ordered a centerstand from twisted throttle. she also is not one for the forums, unless it is facebook.

BDazzler

That's a good looking bike. Congrats. I'd like to get one for my wife, but she just got her '09 Ninja 250r (black) a few months ago and hasn't out grown it yet.

I take it the lowering went well and has been a success. What did you do to lower it? New rear linkage, lower the forks? How far did you lower it? (I'm preparing for the future, when I get my FZ1. I'd like her to get a bike that I can't out run in 1st gear-LOL)

creggur

That's a good looking bike. Congrats. I'd like to get one for my wife, but she just got her '09 Ninja 250r (black) a few months ago and hasn't out grown it yet.

I take it the lowering went well and has been a success. What did you do to lower it? New rear linkage, lower the forks? How far did you lower it? (I'm preparing for the future, when I get my FZ1. I'd like her to get a bike that I can't out run in 1st gear-LOL)
Lowering went well - went with the Roaring Toyz link that drops 1.75 in the rear and went down 1.25 on the front forks. I ran it up to 100 and it was perfectly stable.

The process was pretty straight-forward and took about an hour to do. Between the instructions that came with the link and the 'how to' here on the forum I encountered no major glitches. I'm no pro-wrench (though I do hold a mean flashlight) so anyone of moderate mechanical ability could probably do it quicker.

It has increased her confidence immeasurably being able to nearly flat-foot it at stops. The biggest issue she's had is adjusting to the fuel injected 600's throttle response (the 07 250 had none) so getting things underway smoothly was her biggest challenge.

She loves the ride much better than the little Ninja - more stable at speed and in gusts - and is adapting to the power of the bike quite nicely. I think it intimidated her a little at first, but once she realized it's not a monster or anything she settled in.