Hello all

Johnfz6r

Just wanted to say hello offically. Bought my fz6r this weekend and went it got it today (first day with out rain.....) I already have 60 miles on it and although its in break in period i gotta say I am loving it! I am coming from a 92 ninja 650r and only have 1 season of riding under my belt. So far the riding position on the zx6r is way more comfortable, also the zx6r is alot more torquerer although i haven't been past 6k rpm it seems to pick up the pace at a very nice click. All around I must say I am very happy with my purchase. Love the way she rides love the way she looks love everything about her :). With that said the downside....... The stupid sticker on the side! I got it home took a couple of quick pix then grabbed the hair dryer and the wd-40 and went to town, well there is still a lot of glue on the fairings, I don't know if Yamaha used industrial strength uber stick to paint Elmer's glue or what but it just refuses to come off! I am going to go tomorrow and pickup some cleaner polish from auto zone and get it off or try until my arm falls off. Either way I love it and if your on the fence for this bike I would say go for it!

PS please forgive my spelling

D

Doorag

Which Fazer is that? Is it one of the new ones? I don't remember a faired bike with those lights.

F

FZ1inNH

:welcome: and congrats! Glad to see another of these bikes! Two today on here!

C

chuckfz6ryder

Welcome John, Looks great in the Black, But unless things changed for the 09 model, FZ6RWOLF got the faster blue bike:Flip:

J/K Hope you have fun on it. I was in NC a month ago and was so jealous when I smelled fresh cut grass in Feb. I'd have a ton of miles on the FZ with weather like that.

fuzzylogic

Welcome John, Looks great in the Black, But unless things changed for the 09 model, FZ6RWOLF got the faster blue bike:Flip:

J/K Hope you have fun on it. I was in NC a month ago and was so jealous when I smelled fresh cut grass in Feb. I'd have a ton of miles on the FZ with weather like that.
john, don't listen to this nonbeliever. blue does look great but black is faster, end of story. if needed i have extensive data and bar graphs drawn in crayon by my cat to prove it.

that being said, grats on the new bike! i picked the fz6r because i thought it was the best bike that met my needs (easy to ride for a newbie, cheap, great gas mileage, etc.) and to be honest, the more i read about the competition (650r, 650f, sv650s) i don't think i could have made a better choice.

fz6rwolf

I read all the reviews on the same bikes but resrved judgement and went to different stealerships and sat on each, this one is the one that felt best to me. I even waited extra 2 weeks until dealership got a ninja650r just to try that one out but I didn't like how it felt. Very happy with my decision. I'm not quite a "newbie" rider but I am new to sport-type bikes having ridden mostly cruisers since 1978 (wow, that was a LONG time ago lol)
Oh, black is nice but I gave up owning any vehicle in black awhile ago, just shows too much hairline scratches and dust.

fuzzylogic

I read all the reviews on the same bikes but resrved judgement and went to different stealerships and sat on each, this one is the one that felt best to me. I even waited extra 2 weeks until dealership got a ninja650r just to try that one out but I didn't like how it felt. Very happy with my decision. I'm not quite a "newbie" rider but I am new to sport-type bikes having ridden mostly cruisers since 1978 (wow, that was a LONG time ago lol)
Oh, black is nice but I gave up owning any vehicle in black awhile ago, just shows too much hairline scratches and dust.
but it looks SOOOOO pretty!