Heated Gloves - BATTERY POWERED

ngengs

Hi all,

Fall is upon us and soon old man winter will follow which prompted me to start looking for BATTERY powered heated gloves online. I've been considering the following:

GERBING S2
VENTURE EPIC
MOBILE WARMING LTD & LTD MAX (coming soon)
MOBILE WARMING SOFTSHELL

Anyone have any experience with any of these or other brand of battery powered heated gloves? How long does it take you to fully charge the batteries? Any long time users of these gloves?

Also, has anyone tried heated gear that plugs in to the bike's battery? How much power does it drain and can our bike's battery handle this extra load? I use the bike to commute 60 miles roundtrip, approx 45-50 mins.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

yfz6r

ask around advrider.com. Those guys have all sorts of riding equipment.

The fz6r electrical system doesn't like add-ons; especially in the winter. If you use a tender while not riding it will probably be fine.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Dustin600

I bought the Mobile Warming textile gloves about a month ago. The gloves have 5 power settings. (Off-25%-50%-75%-100%) I have a 40 mile commute to work. It takes me about 45 minutes. I have road to work 5 days in a row with the gloves on 50% power before they needed recharging. If you leave them on 100%, they will die in a little over 2 hours. Charging takes 4-6 hours. The manufacturer claims that at 100%, the gloves reach 135F. Because the gloves are battery powered, they won’t make your hands sweat, but they will keep them about body temperature. That’s way better than freezing on those cold days. The coldest I have rode with them so far is 40F and they worked great. I considered the Gerbing S2 gloves, but the website specifically states they do not recommend them for motorcycle riding. The Mobile Warming gloves are made for riding. Overall I am very happy with the Mobile Warming gloves.

Chevyfazer

Hi all,

Fall is upon us and soon old man winter will follow which prompted me to start looking for BATTERY powered heated gloves online. I've been considering the following:

GERBING S2
VENTURE EPIC
MOBILE WARMING LTD & LTD MAX (coming soon)
MOBILE WARMING SOFTSHELL

Anyone have any experience with any of these or other brand of battery powered heated gloves? How long does it take you to fully charge the batteries? Any long time users of these gloves?

Also, has anyone tried heated gear that plugs in to the bike's battery? How much power does it drain and can our bike's battery handle this extra load? I use the bike to commute 60 miles roundtrip, approx 45-50 mins.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
I personally would stay away from battery powered things and stick with ones that run off the bikes battery. I'm not 100% sure if the 6r has the same charging system as the fz6 but I know the fz6 doesn't have much power to spare either. That's why I went to HID headlights and led everywhere else, it free up a good bit of power and during the winter I use gerbings T5 (I think they are t5's) and a 1st gear 90w jacket hooked up to a gerbings dual controller. With the dual controller I can control the power to the jacket and gloves individually and rarely have it on max. I ride every day and make 2 stops every morning and never had a battery issue last winter, bike stared up everytime. I felt nice and warm even at 12*f on a streetfighter with 0 wind perfection. If you go this route and don't plan on riding your bike everyday a battery tender would be a wise investment though. It would still probably be a good investment if you dot plan on changing your stock lights to HID/LED because the standard bulbs use a lot of juice. The dual controller is also very handy as well because it allows you to adjust the temperature to what is comfortable to you and also makes it to where if you don't need it full blast you can save power like that as well. The reason why I personally don't like the battery powered stuff is batteries don't last forever, and it would suck to go on a all day trip then on your way home as temps start to drop you loose power, it could make for a very unpleasant ride.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

No and to be honest I can't even remember what brand they are, I went over to my local shop and just picked out some flush mounts that I could mount on my "dash" and some stalk types for my FE, my brake light is one of those 1157 led bulbs but I do remember that I picked them out of a parts unlimited catalog there at the shop.