Healtech Gipro X-type Gear Indicator

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

tho9504

Remove both side fairings and then Hoist the Tank up with something or take it off completely. I just hoisted it up a little. Make sure not all the wires/cable/connection to the tank are not yanked out if hoisting it up.

Attachments

tho9504

Crankshaft sensor after following one of the previous pics. It has a dark grey wire and a light grey wire. You need to use the wire tap connector to tap the light grey wire. On the harness supplier with the Indicator, there is a green wire. Use the wiretap connector to connect this green wire to the light grey wire on the crankshaft sensor.

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

tho9504

from the left side of the bike (clutch side), under the tank, there is the 3 pole connector for the speed sensor. This is the only 3 pole connector i saw under there hidden inside a rubber boot. Way to test if you have the correct sensor (speed sensor) is to disconnect it and put the bike in neutral and spin the back wheel (while lifted on read stand). If the speed o meter says 0 then you disconnected the correct speed sensor. The harness provided connect the male connection to the female connect of the speed sensor and the female connect from the harness to the male speed sensor. basically, you just disconnected the speed sensor and connected to harness to both connection.

Attachments

tho9504

Connect the red wire from the harness to the +12v connection right next to the speed sensor hidden under the rubber boot. Use the yellow wire to tap into which is the live +12v. After that, your are done. Just route all the indicator to the front and stick it to desired location.

Attachments

tho9504

You get it set up and working yet? I love mine. Not really necessary, but nice to have.
Thanks...I finally got it today from Amazon. It took me about an hour to put it all together. I have not set the gears yet. i will do that tomorrow. but all the connection is done and everything seems to be working fine now. i will program the gears tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help. If i followed the instruction that came with it, i would've tapped the wrong wires and completely screwed up my bike. Thank God i checked this forum.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

tho9504

sorry for the delayed response. Yeah, what a small world. you're not that far from me. Maybe someday, we could link up and ride together:) .

i did set all the gears up according to instruction using a rear stand. it learned each gear in about 2 seconds for each gear..

i did an oil change yesterday. Today, i finally got to take the bike out after the gear indicator install and oil change. everything seems to be working fine BUT
when i got on the highway, i wanted to open the throttle up a little, so on 4th gear i took the rev to 7k, shifted to 5th then took it to 7k and shifted to 6th gear, the revs went crazy all the way to 10k?? and the gear indicator showed 4th gear. i knew i wasnt in 6th because the engine felt like it was screaming and in 10k rev. i downshifted 1 gear and then the indicator fixed itself to 5th and then i upshifted to 6th and everything was ok. This happened to me 3 times. everytime when i hit the throttle really hard is when this occurs. it gets fixed by downshifting one gear and wait a few seconds and then upshifting.

i am so scared now that i screw up my bike with installing the gear indicator. it only happens when i give it full throttle. I am thinking of resettling the gear indicator and riding it instead of setting it up on the rear stand and see if that helps.

tho9504

Beyond the indicator, all the gears above 3rd gear feel the same to me?? i dont know if its just my bike or if the FZ6R in general is like that. Even if i shift to 5th or 6th gear going 30 mph, i do NOT hear engine lugging and feel the engine is revving even though the tach says like 3.5k-4k.

By the way, where do you guys shift around? I shift around 5k because i feel like the engine is revving high even though it's only 5k on the tachometer.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

tho9504

yeah, i am not sure, i made sure i hooked everything up. i am going to double check. i made sure the speed sensor harnesses were properly connected because i made sure i pushed it in all the way.

i am thinking maybe the wire tap connect from the cranskshaft sensor did not connect properly. i dont know if the crankshaft has anything to do with transmission, but i am going to have to make sure that wiretap is correctly connected.

i dont know what else i could've done? other than the speed indicator, i only did an oil change (Mobile 1 10w-40 4t fully synthetic). i know the clutch share the engine oil, maybe the bike needs to get used to the new synthetic oil, since this is the 1st oil change (700 miles)? (i am just throwing that out there with out any proof, just a theory).