Good price?

MNDZA

I'm getting this as my first bike in a couple weeks and was wondering what everyone else paid for their FZ6R. My dealer told me 6500. I'm sure that I'll be adding tax and fees and such. Is 6500 a good price?

fz6rwolf

I would say yes. Dealer took $300 off MSRP mine, I ended up paying $7800 with tax, registration, shipping fee but I added a helmet and soft bags to mine or would have been few hundred cheaper.

X

xj750_Pete

Around here in So Cal, FZ6R's are going for $7,000-7,300 OTD. You can try shooting for $6,900 OTD and see how low the dealer can offer. Also, it seems the FZ6 are a little bit cheaper than the FZ6R even though the MSRP is higher. So if the FZ6R falls a bit outside your budget, I highly recommend the FZ6. It's a great bike. I sure as hell miss mine.

L

LERecords

hey.. see if they can throw in the first service (600 miles service) for free.. you'll be happy later when you dont get a bill for $200-$400... then i would say that all in all its a good deal... good luck and :welcome: to the forum

O-turn

Partier
I paid this as well, just signed papers and they brought it to me. Was very pleased, Elicott City Motorsports here in Baltimore were awesome guys!

MNDZA

Well after asking the OTD price, the dealer told me around 8300-8400. How do you go from 6500 to 8400? I went to another dealer and they told me it will be around 8000. Am I being ripped off here?

L

LERecords

sounds like it.. when i bought my fz6.. i think the price (msrp) was like 6500 and the final price was around 7200.. thats with tax title reg.. there will be some extra costs after the price they quote you, but to go from 6500 to 8000.. i would ask then to show you how they came to that number.. tax title and reg is expensive, but not 1500 more expensive.. id say if you were quoted 6500 for the bike.. expect to pay around 7000 but no more than 7500.. anyone else agree with that???

fz6rwolf

Well after asking the OTD price, the dealer told me around 8300-8400. How do you go from 6500 to 8400? I went to another dealer and they told me it will be around 8000. Am I being ripped off here?
Yes, RI tax is pretty expensive, over $400 plus I got over $300 in accessories and was only $7800 OTD.

mbridge51

I'm getting this as my first bike in a couple weeks and was wondering what everyone else paid for their FZ6R. My dealer told me 6500. I'm sure that I'll be adding tax and fees and such. Is 6500 a good price?
Yes that sounds like a fair deal. I paid $6,700 before tax & registration. The dealer also did not charge destination/setup fees. The bike was also delivered to my house with no fee.

J

jhosler

Maybe they added a extened warrenties on it, that could jack the price way up.

D

damnpoor

I told my dealer what I wanted to pay out the door and left it up to him to figure out the numbers to match that price. That way I knew exactly what I would be paying and didn't bother myself with all those other numbers.

MNDZA

If I remember this correctly, they will add tax, plate registration, destination, and assembly.....bringing it from 6500 to 8400.

Johnfz6r

I got mine for 7800 OTD with the 3 year extended warrenty and the 3 year no maintance and the tinted windshield. I was pretty happy with that.

Raptor700

I picked my 6R up at the middle of January and paid 7700 OTD. I had included a helmet, jacket, and gloves. If you got it for 7800 with accessories- then that seems fair. (see pic) I later added this pimp h.i.d headlight for another $190.

Attachments

MNDZA

What am I supposed to do now? Should I offer them a take it or leave it price of 7500? Does that seem good? Would that work? I've never bought a bike before and don't seem to know how to handle this I guess.

C

chau

A few weeks back I started looking out for fz6 2008 model. Initially OTD came up to 7500 but now people are ready to offer at 6800. Given NorthWest is still wet and economy being down, dealers are not so bent. Hope this helps!

In one of the recent threads, I saw new '08 Raven bike going for ~5800 OTD.

Raptor700

If you have another Yama dealer that is accessable to you. Tell them you were given a $7250 OTD price from the place you are talking to right now. If they come up with a competitive price that you like- then tell them you are interested in them instead of the first place. Just Be sure that their competitive price is an OTD (out the door) price. What you would be hoping for in this situation is that they give you a price lower than 7250 OTD. However if they, come in a little higher than 7250 then than is way better than $8400 and fair.

C

CrazyBiker

I picked my 6R up at the middle of January and paid 7700 OTD. I had included a helmet, jacket, and gloves. If you got it for 7800 with accessories- then that seems fair. (see pic) I later added this pimp h.i.d headlight for another $190.
Link for the light?

Raptor700

I had a place called T&R lighting install it. I found them on craigslist.com. They also put a LED bulb in the license plate lamp. These HID kits are also available on Ebay, however I cannot vouch for the quality of the sellers on Ebay. The guys who installed mine are "KLight" dealers. The parts are from Germany and they offer a one year warranty on the entire setup.