Going to put the 6'er to the test.

Hey guys,
I received word that my grandma isn't doing well and doesn't have much time left. I'm leaving for Harlingen Tx today after work on my 6'er. I just got the 15k service done on my bike a week ago (happy about that) and will put 3k miles on my round trip. Also going to change out tires when I get to Texas since I was planning on doing that after 2k. Hopefully all goes well, wish me luck. :noworries:

P.S. Would've bought a flight but, tickets are above 1k for short notice.

Bert-Aus

Good luck and enjoy the ride!
Best wishes for you, family & your Grandma

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

sorry to hear about grandma :(

just noticed the date of 1st post - hope you made it there OK!

Last edited:

travisH3

Hope ya made it okay but he's prolly too busy with family to think about forums right now let us know how it went.

Well I'm back,
Unfortunately, when I arrived home from work to pack for my trip, my best friend had taken my 6'er. He along with all my friends and family were against me going with my emotions strained. So, I was able to find a round trip ticket for 500 bones. I was very happy and sad to see her, she was sent home from the hospital when I landed on Saturday. She didn't remember me though, she had regressed to her teens and can't even remember my father. We had to have her sister stay with her in order to help her remember. I'll be returning when the inevitable call is made, my father won't be able to walk the casket. On another note, I can't believe the TSA are really a bunch of A-holes. They must've been required to hire the most incompetent humans on the planet. I had this fat guy TSA agent that was talking shit to a person because she only spoke spanish. I gave him my ID while I played along with his rant. When he returned my ID, I leaned in and said, "To each their own, Tubby." I'm surprised I didn't get thrown out of the airport. I haven't flown in 12 years, and I don't think I will for another 12. I'll sail to another country if I have to. Thanks again for all of your support, and sorry that I couldn't give an adventure story riding halfway across the US.

Last edited:

Superzoom

Well I'm back,
Unfortunately, when I arrived home from work to pack for my trip, my best friend had taken my 6'er. He along with all my friends and family were against me going with my emotions strained. So, I was able to find a round trip ticket for 500 bones.
My condolences for yours and your grandmas suffering.

At first I thought, "How dare they keep you from riding," but then I realized they were really looking out for you. It would be a dangerous thing to ride in an emotional state. I myself would probably speed, get into road rage incidents, and do other stupid things. You have good friends and family.