Getting naked.

Bdookie

Brackets and mounting

Hey Yamanube. Ive been looking for the past days on how to build a fighter. Do you or anyone reading this forum know where I can buy those headlight brackets and where I can buy the proper meter mount?

Cbye

Hey Yamanube. Ive been looking for the past days on how to build a fighter. Do you or anyone reading this forum know where I can buy those headlight brackets and where I can buy the proper meter mount?
Same here. It'd be a HUGE help. As well as maybe a step by step. Is it just a matter of unbolting the fairing and getting the clamps? Seen a Tube video in fast forward of it done on the FZ6, my myself I've got the 6R. Not sure if its gonna be as easy. Might just start diggin into it right now. But knowledge, experience, and help sure would make us all feel a little more comfortable.

yamanube

The clamps that mount on the fork legs are just conduit clamps from your local hardware store. The brackets on either side of the headlight are the OEM brackets just modified a bit with a die grinder. Take it apart and look at my pics, you will see what has to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbye

Those brackets that attach to the forks. Where did a get em? I ordered a whole bunch of FZ8 parts to do the conversion but i dont recall anything like that. And i lost your old detailed post about the conversion. If it dont bother ya none could you forward me that breakdown? Bikes half apart and gotta get this fabbed up asap. Its killin me LOL.

yamanube

Those brackets that attach to the forks. Where did a get em? I ordered a whole bunch of FZ8 parts to do the conversion but i dont recall anything like that. And i lost your old detailed post about the conversion. If it dont bother ya none could you forward me that breakdown? Bikes half apart and gotta get this fabbed up asap. Its killin me LOL.
Just noticed this a month later, if you still need help post up a question and I will see if I can answer it. I don't get on here very often now that I have it where I want it. Putting a Bridgestone BT016 on tomorrow.

dste0395

FZ8 Bracket

Did you use the FZ8 bracket for the instrument cluster and if so do you have pictures of your install?:don'tknow:

felix77

I have a question, I'm thinking of going naked this weekend. Is it possible to to use the Lowe's bracket to mount my headlight and stock electronic displays without any permanent modification? I still have a loan on the bike and don't want to do anything irreversible.

dste0395

You don't have to do any permanent modifications to the bike in order to achieve this look. I will post pictures of what I did. I actually made two brackets to angle the headlight to face the ground, and then realized I could use the same two brackets to mount the instrument cluster using the two screws that are under the triple. I believe the two screws I speak of currently don't have anything attached to them. I will post pictures so you can see what I did. I know you are going to ask me for the part number on these brackets, but honestly I don't have that information. I can tell you that I bought them from the furniture section at Lowe's. I have yet to paint all of the brackets on the headlight assembly, that is coming soon. But I did paint the brackets holding the instrument cluster on the bike. Matte black.

Attachments

dste0395

I added CNC billet bar end mirrors, only to the clutch side, couldn't figure out how to add them to the throttle side. Law's in my state only have to have 1 mirror. Also took pictures of the cluster from the top after being mounted with brackets and from the front. Again, I used the same type of brackets to move the headlight into the correct position. After you have mounted the headlight directly to the forks, loosen up the top bolts that screw directly into the headlight assembly, add 1 bracket to each side to push the headlight into a facing down position, then tighten. Done.
Actually the part was from Home Depot, not Lowe's. Attempting to find now and will post the part number.

Attachments

DummySmacks

I added CNC billet bar end mirrors, only to the clutch side, couldn't figure out how to add them to the throttle side. Law's in my state only have to have 1 mirror. Also took pictures of the cluster from the top after being mounted with brackets and from the front. Again, I used the same type of brackets to move the headlight into the correct position. After you have mounted the headlight directly to the forks, loosen up the top bolts that screw directly into the headlight assembly, add 1 bracket to each side to push the headlight into a facing down position, then tighten. Done.
Actually the part was from Home Depot, not Lowe's. Attempting to find now and will post the part number.
bike looks great! did you need any aftermarket brackets to mount the turning signals?