Gear?

Insure Gal

So what's everyone sporting for gear?

I'm rocking a HJC Paradox helmet with mirrored visor, Icon Hella textile jacket, Icon 29er Gloves, and Vega Matrix boots. No pants yet -can't seem to find a pair I like.

Last edited:

ajcatx

Gear

I have Shoei rf 1100 firestrike helmet w/blue shield, frank thomas xti mesh jacket (so far love it...very cool it gets hot here in texas), Icon super duty 2 boots and frank thomas gloves not sure which model.

owldaddy

I wear an HJC AC-12 Carbon Fiber Ben Spies edition. For cool weather I wear a Cycloak textile jacket and First Gear HT over pants. For warm weather I wear Hein Gericke perforated textile jacket and Field sheer perforated textile pants (it gets hot here in the summer) Boots are Sidi Vortex. I have 3 pairs of gloves, I choose which ever works the best for the weather that day. I'd have to say the pair I use most often are the Komodo's.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

MikeN02

Seven O Seven Vendetta Strike Blue Mirror Visor
Frank Thomas XTI Textile Jacket/ Icon Field Armor
Frank Thomas XTI Mesh Pants
Alpine Star's Air Carbon Gloves

micigniter

Scorpion ex400 helmet w/mirrored shield.
Alpinestars T stunt textile jacket
Joe Rocket yamaha goves
TCX boots

Last edited:

Detrich

:needpics:

Preferably with you wearing your gear and with your bike in the same photo... :)

ksanbon

Shoei RF-1100: black, lt smoke shield
Tourmaster Pylon 3 jacket: yellow/black
Tourmaster overpants
Alpinestars SMX-5 boots: black

Had a 3rd grader tell me I looked like a bumble-bee. It's all good as long as everyone else can see me.

JonKerr

Elite Member

KenS

Scorpion EXO400 Octane helmet
Scorpion Stinger jacket
HELD AirStream gloves
TCX boots

Detrich

I've been seriously in "power ranger" denial as well, sorta say. But, I know it's necessary for riding protection- esp if I want to eventually do canyons with my friends...

So, I ended up trying on a 2-piece Fieldsheer Revo Sport racing suit at the store- since it was on closeout and they surprisingly had my size... When I came out of the fitting room suited up my gf laughed SO loud that one of the sales ppl guys had to come over and tell her jokingly something like, 'hey, dont laugh cuz guys only wear tight leather for riding protection & not to be sexy like girls. so, no double standards please!' LOL.

I have to admit she embarrassed me a bit, cuz everyone in the store was looking at us from her laughing so loud... But, it was pretty funny after the fact... And, the suit fit great and was a really good price. So, I bought it, and I guess I'll be looking like a blue power ranger in the canyons... =\. But- at least I'll be protected...

Ill post pix when I'm less traumatized... LOL. =P

P.S. Here is a link I found that has a picture of the suit that I bought- along with photos of someone wearing it on the track. Oh, and the price was $299 for either the 2 piece or 1 piece. The store had both. I chose the 2 piece just so that I could wear the jacket separately if I ever wanted to... The suit doesn't look that different except for the 2 piece has a belt up front.

Fieldsheer Revo Sport (2 piece) Leather Suit - Sportbikers.Net Forums

Last edited:

owldaddy

A note for those of us who live in areas that get over 100f during the summer months. We are tempted to ride nearly naked due to the heat. I have found that wearing only shorts and a T shirt under the perforated gear is almost the same. You still have protection from the armor and the textile material. But the breeze comes through your gear, making it a lot more comfortable.

ry-mac75

Icon! Icon! Icon!

Looooooooooooooooove me some Icon. Icon Dead Man's Hand leather jacket (look it up, super sweet). Icon Mainframe helmet, Icon super duty gloves, Icon rain gear (orange for visibility... not as cool as black, but it's raining, gotta be seen). Even their off bike stuff is cool... I'm currently rocking an Icon hoodie and hat... I also have an Icon stealth textile jacket and regulator vest. Icon! hahaha, oh and a tank bag. Yeah, I dig their stuff.

ME_with_a_B

HELMET: Shoei RF1000 Flutter 2 (pink) - with a clear, light-smoke tint, or dark-smoke tint shield, depending on the day
JACKET: Joe Rocket Women's "Heartbreaker 2.0" Textile Jacket (black/pink) - for cooler weather
...and a Joe Rocket Women’s "Yamaha Luv" Mesh Jacket (black/pink/white) - for warmer weather
GLOVES: Joe Rocket Women’s "Heartbreaker" Gloves (black/pink), or Joe Rocket Women’s "Phoenix" Gloves (black/white)
PANTS: Joe Rocket “Alter Ego” Ballistic 7.0 Women’s Textile Pants (black)
BOOTS: Alpinestars Women’s Stella S-MX 5 (black)