FZ6R with Full Hindle Exhaust - First One !

sti491

Very nice! Good numbers too. Hey, re sneaker comment by Mr FrzZ... so true. I just got these Rider Specific CE certified summer breathable "sneakers" that I absolutely LOVE.

If you or others like sneakers, consider these. They are my go-to summer riding shoe. TCX Street Ace Air Shoes. With discounts I had, I got them for $145 shipped. Nothing MC specific is cheap, but not too bad.

I crushed 3 of my right foot metatarsals in a highway slide when I was younger because my sneaker clad foot literally wrapped around the foot peg under the bike. It hurt for a long long time healing during a long hot summer with that cast!

Enough preaching... your exhaust sounds awesome! My Delkevic can is a bit more raw than that. Tuning does make it sound different. After my exhaust and PC5, I advanced the timing to about 6 degrees. The bike sounded a bit different to me.

Attachments

jroc99

Lol. Thanks guys.. Ya I am upgrading my riding gear this year.. Just bought a Leather Scorpion jacket..I've been riding with that mesh for 3 years.
Looking at riding shoes options as well, but I'm picky. Also find alot of the shoes too narrow on the feet.
I will have a few more vids coming soon, you gota hear the sound on deceleration and downshifting.. alot of blurbles and popping.. I like the sound. Hard to capture due to wind noise but I'm gona try. I will def check out the timing mod. This is something I have never done on any motorized vehicle.
Does the timing mod have any negative impact on the life of the engine ?

sti491

Yes, the deceleration sounds these bikes make with a freed up exhaust and a reasonably rich tune are music to an enthusiast ears!

Do a search on my name to see my write up on timing mod. It makes a nice subtle change in performance. The only downside is you need to run premium, because you are advancing the timing. As long as you don't advance it too much, there is no downside to the engine. It will very slightly improve your mileage.

I recommend doing the timing and -1 front sprocket. You think you like your exhaust... if you do these two mods next you may never sell this bike. Despite what you read about sprocket change top end, mileage, highway rpms, etc, only doing the -1 front sprocket with the timing mod did this for me: REALLY improves the power band. It's a different bike. While technically not adding torque, it feels like WAY more torque, in all gears but especially 1st & 2nd. Smooth power wheelies are routine. Watch your seating position or it will surprise you with an abrupt wheelie. Took me a while to get used to just a slightly smoother throttle roll on and/or leaning forward in first 2 gears. The difference in 70 mph rpm is negligible. Maybe the width of the tach needle, if that.

The other shoes I have you might consider are Icon Super Duty 5's. Awesome VERY protective street shoe. Too hot for the summer though. I wear size 13, usually wide. My TCX's are a 13, Icons's are Euro size 48.5/US 14. Both fit great, if anything perhaps an ity bity bit large... but after 3 right foot surgeries with screws, pins etc, a little big beats too tight fo me. Both are very comfortable.

Lol. Thanks guys.. Ya I am upgrading my riding gear this year.. Just bought a Leather Scorpion jacket..I've been riding with that mesh for 3 years.
Looking at riding shoes options as well, but I'm picky. Also find alot of the shoes too narrow on the feet.
I will have a few more vids coming soon, you gota hear the sound on deceleration and downshifting.. alot of blurbles and popping.. I like the sound. Hard to capture due to wind noise but I'm gona try. I will def check out the timing mod. This is something I have never done on any motorized vehicle.
Does the timing mod have any negative impact on the life of the engine ?

Last edited:

jroc99

I always run premium here in Canada. It's pricey, like $1.50/L the other day, but at $15 a fill-up who cares :)
All good info sti. Thanks I just read thru the timing mod. It's a little scary but I understand, and looks fairly easy.

So the map I had on my PC5 before was a pretty fuel rich map. I haven't pulled the map yet that Hindle put in, but they were saying that the existing map was too rich.
I asked them if they minded others see the map, and they said ya go ahead. :) So I will have that info for you soon as well.
They also said the bike would get better mileage, even tho I am usually the last to fill up on group rides.. haha..