FZ6R new classifieds tool

Admin

Staff member
Today, FZ6R-Forum began offering a new classifieds tool that allows you to buy and sell items right here on the site. If you choose to accept payment through this site, the new classifieds section provides payment protections, a visually crisp layout to showcase your items, and simple tools to manage your listings and purchases.

I know that the team behind the new classifieds tool is very responsive to feedback. I encourage you to try it out and use this thread as a forum to talk about the new classifieds tool. If there's a feature you would like to see, share your thoughts. FZ6R is among the first enthusiast sites to make this service available to its members. Imminent improvements to the service include: seller profile pages and reviews, tighter integration with threads, a widget that highlights your listing throughout the site, and additional selling formats like auctions. You can check it out here...

http://www.600cc.org/forum/classifieds.php

CrazyCawi

I'm sold!!!!!!

JSP

Super Moderator
Very nice!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Dennis and Chad,

This looks like a great addition to the site! Thanks for the work and effort that has/will go into getting all the bugs worked out. :thumbup:

A few questions, will this be a free service for forum members, or will there be small fees involved for listing and selling items like can be found with other classifieds services? Will there be features that are privileged to paid members versus non-subscribed members? Will any rules or guidelines be put in place to prevent spam or require new members from signing up and posting ads with no prior forum activity? Is there a way to assign a moderator to this classifieds section for monitoring the activity within?

Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure this runs smoothly, because I think it's a great idea.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Makes paying members much easier! Secure and can use a CC, etc. Love it. Curious about any fees as well.

enthusify

A few questions, will this be a free service for forum members, or will there be small fees involved for listing and selling items like can be found with other classifieds services? Will there be features that are privileged to paid members versus non-subscribed members? Will any rules or guidelines be put in place to prevent spam or require new members from signing up and posting ads with no prior forum activity? Is there a way to assign a moderator to this classifieds section for monitoring the activity within?
Thanks for all the questions. Sorry for the delay in my reply. I missed this post when you posted it.

You asked: Will this be a free service for forum members, or will there be small fees involved for listing and selling items like can be found with other classifieds services?

Answer: At present it is free to list an item for sale. If a buyer uses the included payment processing option, the system collects a fee. The fee varies depending on the price of the item. The seller gets a preview of the fee when he lists his item for sale. For now the average fee is around 3%. The fee largely goes toward credit card interchange fees. (Thank Visa/MasterCard for that.)

You asked: Will there be features that are privileged to paid members versus non-subscribed members?

Answer: We do have plans for premium features for premium members. At present, all sellers are treated equally.

You asked: Will any rules or guidelines be put in place to prevent spam or require new members from signing up and posting ads with no prior forum activity?

Answer: At present, a seller must be a registered user. But, as you point out, a new registered user can sell an item. It is a high priority to differentiate between members with longevity with the site and those who are new to the site. It is also a high priority to implement seller profile pages with reputation and feedback information. In summary, yes - rules will soon be in place to prevent spam and abuse.

You asked: Is there a way to assign a moderator to this classifieds section for monitoring the activity within?

Answer: At present, Enthusify is monitoring the marketplace. Enthusify will soon release tools so that site admins and moderators will be able to join in the effort to moderate.

Thanks again for the questions. Keep them coming.

enthusify

Makes paying members much easier! Secure and can use a CC, etc. Love it. Curious about any fees as well.
When you list an item for sale, the system gives you full transparency into the fee that will be charged. At present it averages around 3%.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member